Re: Ugly win

Cornish Exile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:I know this could be a glass half full angle but I think we are definitely moving to a deliberate new more direct style of play - I think we could beat someone like Yeovil but when we come up against teams who can play a bit then we will come un stuck - the beginning of the season and we were a good side to watch as well as being successful now we look exactly what we will end up being imho which is a mid table usual league two team - now with our budget etc this is all good but from how we started the season as a good footballing side I find our new turn a bit worrying tbh - but let’s see - UTC
Perhaps it’s because we haven’t got a midfield worth mentioning and merely worth bypassing?

Labade and Bennett are as good as any in the Division.
Sure but Labadie is hardly ever fit , let’s be honest he’s still trying to recover from a serious energy, Bennett is a good footballer and reads the game well but often has nobody with him and much as I like him he lacks pace , Dolan is in and out this year, Bakinson has had no experienced player at his side to help, Flynn isn’t willing to give Sheehan a run in the side so obviously doesn’t rate him and as for Crofts, well words fail me with him absolutely - how is anybody out all season with blisters, slight knocks and strains? Adds up to no midfield like I said. If we had one we’d be up for promotion.

9 games to go and we're in with a chance of the playoffs. I think the rest will do us good and we'll take good support to Yeovil followed by I think Tranmere and Swindon home. End the season like we started and we'll do it. Fgr home Colchester away performances which I'll keep on mentioning then forget it.

supporter wrote:9 games to go and we're in with a chance of the playoffs. I think the rest will do us good and we'll take good support to Yeovil followed by I think Tranmere and Swindon home. End the season like we started and we'll do it. Fgr home Colchester away performances which I'll keep on mentioning then forget it.
Like you, I think ( if we can pick a midfield ) that it’s certainly possible to make the playoffs, I wouldn’t have booked my Morecambe hotel otherwise :grin: . We need the gods to smile on us on Saturday as we don’t want to be too much farther behind the chasing pack. That’ll set up the Yeovil game nicely, it’ll be a must win for both teams and hopefully a cracker.

lowandhard wrote:
supporter wrote:9 games to go and we're in with a chance of the playoffs. I think the rest will do us good and we'll take good support to Yeovil followed by I think Tranmere and Swindon home. End the season like we started and we'll do it. Fgr home Colchester away performances which I'll keep on mentioning then forget it.
Like you, I think ( if we can pick a midfield ) that it’s certainly possible to make the playoffs, I wouldn’t have booked my Morecambe hotel otherwise :grin: . We need the gods to smile on us on Saturday as we don’t want to be too much farther behind the chasing pack. That’ll set up the Yeovil game nicely, it’ll be a must win for both teams and hopefully a cracker.
You might want a cracker of a game. I'll settle for a nice boring 3-0 win. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
You might want a cracker of a game. I'll settle for a nice boring 3-0 win. :grin:
True :grin: :oops:

Yep see you there Neal and as I've said football's all about opinions and I respect that.

I want the playoffs that's why I keep banging on about those 2 performances, that's how I was in work and it was always for the benefit of the people I was in charge of because I wanted them to achieve so old habits die hard though they tended to get it when the rewards came in.