Re: 2 from 3?

Amberexile wrote:With Yeovil losing at home to Macclesfield and Notts County drawing with Morecambe is it now a case of whoever can get out of the 3 team tussle?
Cambridge on 41 have a tough run in and if two behind string some results together they could be sucked in

I can’t see any other team other than Yeovil getting pulled into the relegation battle. They are in a poor run of form having lost the last 3 games and have MK dons (a) followed by us.

Personally of the three teams I think Yeovil and Notts County will be relegated. Would have hoped for Morecambe but they always seem to do enough each season.

Currently in terms of points per game, I have the bottom of the table projected to finish like this:

17..Cheltenham....54
18..Crawley T........52
19..Cambridge......51
20..Morecambe....51
21..Port Vale.........50
22..Yeovil Town....44
23..MACCLESF.....41
24..NOTTS CO......40

I can't see anyone bar the bottom 3 involved...Though, a couple of games time and silly season will start as teams start resting players etc...all kinds of results can get thrown up. But I will be surprised if anyone else is dragged into the picture.
Currently I have County at 10th on 65 pts....6 pts short of the play offs.

I think the other County might mimic (to some lesser extent) our unlikely escape. Interestingly we have a part to play as we play both Yeovil and Macclesfield before the end. Interesting times at the bottom - but fortunately this year , not for us :grin:
Incidentally, if we’re talking wish fulfilment, I wouldn’t mind if Creepy were facing the drop as that might give their overseas investors pause for thought.

Well, Yeovil have pulled the trigger. Makes sense I suppose. If Darren Way was going to keep the them up, there would have been some change in form in the last ten games. The new man (caretaker?) has a clear target: get one point more than Notts and Macclesfield in the seven remaining matches. Any team managing ten points should/might get above the dotted line.

excessbee wrote:Well, Yeovil have pulled the trigger. Makes sense I suppose. If Darren Way was going to keep the them up, there would have been some change in form in the last ten games. The new man (caretaker?) has a clear target: get one point more than Notts and Macclesfield in the seven remaining matches. Any team managing ten points should/might get above the dotted line.
Darren Way was offered and signed a 2 and a half year contract in November. Rather an expensive mistake to be paid for by the new owners.

Countymadbell wrote:Would like notts to get relegated, simply because they mocked us last game of season. What comes around and all that.
So when we go to yeovil Saturday we won't be singing Going down to them

Its called banter I think you're a bit precious

In the interest of fair play, we should win at Macclesfield, having done so at Notts and Yeovil. I don't see them getting enough points before we go there, but with only two games to play after us, there's a chance that match could be a decider. If I had to choose one to survive, I'd say Notts County, although for preference, Yeovil.

Here's my latest bottom of the table, based on points per game over the whole season: (decimals used for accuracy)

17..Grimsby Town..................56.35
18..Morecambe......................51.75
19..Port Vale..........................50.60
20..Cambridge United............49.54
21..Crawley Town..................49.45
22..Yeovil Town......................41.40
23..Notts County....................41.40
24..Macclesfield Town...........41.28

newgroundrodney wrote:Here's my latest bottom of the table, based on points per game over the whole season: (decimals used for accuracy)

It might well go down to goal difference...

wattsville_boy wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Here's my latest bottom of the table, based on points per game over the whole season: (decimals used for accuracy)

It might well go down to goal difference...
...could be one of the tightest finishes imaginable...