Re: Wales Sunday

UPTHEPORT wrote:Any particular watering holes in kardiff anyone
There's nowhere decent near the ground, but head towards Westgate Street in the city centre (City Arms, Tiny Rebel, Zero Degrees and Brewdog all do decent beer with a good vibe) and then get a bus to the stadium - or, if you embark on the long walk, break the journey with a pint or two at Chapter en-route.

chepstowamber wrote:I'm parking just off Penarth Road, any good pubs in that area?
Chris
I mean, it’s subjective as I don’t know what sort of pub you like - but there’s not much decent around the ground, and not much at all around Penarth Road! It’d be like trying to find a pleasant boozer around Spytty Retail Park!

I've just done a bit of research and found there is a 5 a side centre called Gol Centre in Lawrenny Avenue near the stadium.
You can park there for a fiver and get a sales voucher you can spend in their bar/ café. It would be good to go back there after the game for a cuppa/pint to wait for the traffic to die down.
Chris

chepstowamber wrote:I've just done a bit of research and found there is a 5 a side centre called Gol Centre in Lawrenny Avenue near the stadium.
You can park there for a fiver and get a sales voucher you can spend in their bar/ café. It would be good to go back there after the game for a cuppa/pint to wait for the traffic to die down.
Chris
I’ve been in dentist’s waiting rooms with more atmosphere than their bar, but it’s a short wall from the ground and, as you say, somewhere to kill time post-match. Enjoy!

If anyone wants to go,you need to get your ticket soon,only 130 left.Mostly just the dearest tickets left in both top corners of the Grandstand.Just got two with supposedly the premium view but with premium price.It does say via Corporate entrance so we might get a cuppa in with the cost who knows.