Re: Wales Sunday

I only saw the second half but our formation looked a bit...what’s the word...gappy(?). We were hanging on at times, yet by the same token they looked scared to death of Dan James running at them.

The bottom line is we won of course. Happy days.

I was at the game and on a beautiful sunny day we were in the half under shade and it was freezing.
We played some nice football in the first half and scored a good goal after ,5 mins.
Bale looked out of sorts today and Slovakia came back strong in the last quarter.
It was great to see the ground packed to the rafters and I enjoyed the afternoon.
Chris

Enjoyed the game, great atmosphere and wales played well for the most part, pity gareth bale didn't turn up but the two young lads james and brooks were excellent, but for me joe allen was motm the lad was like the Duracell bunny all over the pitch, oh yes!! Chepstow is right we were in block 202 in the shade and it was bloody freezing.

chepstowamber wrote:I was at the game and on a beautiful sunny day we were in the half under shade and it was freezing.
Same here - we were boiling walking to the ground but by half time I'd swapped my testicles for icicles!

I still can't get over how young that side is. Average age 23! Brilliant result, in those circumstances - although Slovakia didn't look any great shakes. Hopefully it gives them a bit of confidence going into sterner tests, and we'll have Bale and Ramsay firing on all cylinders for the likes of Hungary and Croatia.

It was nice and warm in the sun in the Canton stand.
I thought the atmosphere was very flat though, probably an indication of how important the result was.
Great to get off to a winning start, other results have put us in the driving seat for now so we need to follow it up in June

Another thread put up the rule changes for next season,the ref appeared to use one yesterday.Brooks was subbed,but was booked for not leaving the field at the nearest point when the ref signalled to leave at the Ninian end.Brooks left via the long route and was shown the yellow for it.