Yeovil Match

If you are thinking of going to the game on Saturday then you may be interested in the following announcement, I assume it will have to apply to away supporters as well.

Starting on Monday, we will be announcing a great offer to you - our 12th man - for the big match with Newport, but to kick things off we are pleased to announce the match will be FREE for under-16s. This means a family of two adults and two juniors can enjoy the match from as little as £34!

Watch out for more information next week on more fantastic offers, including a fantastic Prize Draw and a great free giveaway offer from our Catering Team!

Supporters who’ve purchased a junior ticket (under-16s) in advance can contact the Huish Park ticket office on 01935 847888 to claim a refund.

Re: Yeovil Match

Great promotion from Yeovil and well done to them. Perhaps County could do something similar for this game. I have no idea how much the under 16s would pay. How about offering under 16s a ticket for this game for £6. A pound a goal for the debacle when we played them here. That was truly an awful game. Give something back to the fans and all that.

pembsexile wrote:Great promotion from Yeovil and well done to them. Perhaps County could do something similar for this game. I have no idea how much the under 16s would pay. How about offering under 16s a ticket for this game for £6. A pound a goal for the debacle when we played them here. That was truly an awful game. Give something back to the fans and all that.
??? The pricing for the Yeovil match is entirely in the hands of Yeovil FC. I assume that any offer they make to their own supporters will be on offer to visitors, but I'm surprised that isn't mentioned in the statement.

Edit: I suspect this isn't an entirely altruistic offer. Yeovil fans yet again are calling for a change of manager and are in relegation form. Perhaps they think that parents bringing junior along will moderate their behaviour :lol:

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:If you are thinking of going to the game on Saturday then you may be interested in the following announcement, I assume it will have to apply to away supporters as well.

Starting on Monday, we will be announcing a great offer to you - our 12th man - for the big match with Newport, but to kick things off we are pleased to announce the match will be FREE for under-16s. This means a family of two adults and two juniors can enjoy the match from as little as £34!

Watch out for more information next week on more fantastic offers, including a fantastic Prize Draw and a great free giveaway offer from our Catering Team!

Supporters who’ve purchased a junior ticket (under-16s) in advance can contact the Huish Park ticket office on 01935 847888 to claim a refund.
Mrs Corpa just bought our Yeovil tickets from Kingsway shop , and my 5 year olds ticket was £2 . The offer is only available for Yeovil fans apparently ?

Corpaboy wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:If you are thinking of going to the game on Saturday then you may be interested in the following announcement, I assume it will have to apply to away supporters as well.

Mrs Corpa just bought our Yeovil tickets from Kingsway shop , and my 5 year olds ticket was £2 . The offer is only available for Yeovil fans apparently ?
Is that differentiation allowed under League rules?

George Street-Bridge wrote:I don't know if it still applies, but a year or two ago clubs could run a "local promotion" for a limited number of games where they could do this.
Perhaps we could organise one for the Yeovil match next season, but then again they may not be on our fixture list. :wink:

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:

Is that differentiation allowed under League rules?
Dunno ???

Exile 1976 wrote:Our Under 16’s go free
Just seen a random Tweet saying anyone that has already bought an Under 16's ticket , can get it refunded ???
We only bought one this morning and was told the offer was only for Yeovil fans ??

I know it's only £2 , but let's just get our information correct shall we !?

One possible solution may be that since we had tickets on sale well before this reduction was announced by Yeovil, the easiest way of dealing with it is for us to continue charging for them and then refund any that are presented at the Yeovil ticket office. That avoids any confusion about whether they have are free or paid for. I suspect, however, that it's an offer for home fans only.