Re: Grandstand - Yeovil away

Few thoughts
Firstly 3 points is always great.
By all accounts a dreadful first half by the lads with not a single shot.
Flynny must of read the riot act to them.
We were playing currently the poorest side in the division and if we cannot get 3 points here its a pretty poor show.
I make us providing we win our 2 games in hand due to goal difference just a point behind FGR.
IF!

Nice to see Robbie score with his head and our current Internationalist Marsh get on the scoresheet.
I cannot see it personally but another 3 points in the bag thanks to an improoved second half.

Hope he can turn the corner now?

All I can say is "thank **** we won !"
Because that has to be one of the worst away day experiences I've ever had !

Facilities for our fans was abysmal !!!
It comes to something when my SIX year old son is SEARCHED on the way into his first away game on his birthday .

Why weren't we allowed in the Family Marquee ?
The "snack bar" behind the goal was an absolute joke .

If Yeovil do manage to stay up (which I hope they don't after today's experience !) , let's take away the access to Rodney's Bar , and just have 1 little hut selling hotdogs for £6 !
ORRIBLE place with no atmosphere at all .
Good riddance to them .

Ps ..... great second half performance with goals coming from someone other than Amond and Matt .
Sheehan was by far the best player on the pitch second half , and Regan Poole was immense .
Should've been 4 or 5-1
UTC

Cornish Exile wrote:Can anyone understand why the ground staff almost flooded the pitch at half time?.

If it was a cunning plan to benefit them, it clearly didn't work.
That game was completely "over-stewarded"
Not the fault of the Stewards themselves .... they were all very polite and friendly , but I just got the impression that someone was expecting some mass influx of Welsh rabble out to cause trouble ??!!!
It's Yeovil FFS ???
I didn't see any of their fans under the age of 78 and without a Zimmer frame .
I certainly won't be rushing back there

And why , oh why was the pitch watered so heavily ???
Both sides were struggling with staying on their feet , which spoiled some nice passing moves from both sides today .
As you may have gathered ...... I wasn't impressed with the facilities/experience at Hush Park ..... hope they go down and "say hello to Rectum"

Percy plunkett wrote:Listened to second half on Radio Somerset,much better and I think playing three proper midfielders gives us better balance.Trying to shoehorn Azeez in with Robbie gives the two midfielders too much to do with no cover.Anyone who went,could you comment on Kennedys performance,I've not seen enough of him yet to judge,he seemed to do alright.Mckirdy seemed quiet and may have had two bookings on another day,hopefully Podge will be back,and Benno soon.
Kennedy had a great second half . Always available out on the left and caused them problems cutting in .
Made the space for his goal brilliantly , although his shot did take a massive deflection .
He did well , as did Hash-Brown when he came on .
McKirdy looks like a sending off waiting to happen ......

I agree about Sheehan ... very telling that Flynny dragged him away for a private chat whilst the team were acknowledging the support.

The only thing I didn’t enjoy was Warrens last half hour ... his legs have well and truly gone.

Ps if I was MF I’d been having a chat with both Mugabi & d’almedia, I thought both were outstanding again today for Yeovil.
Last edited by Justanordinaryfan on March 31st, 2019, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

faerun exile wrote:Sheehan played a belter second half. Dropped deeper and picked up passes from defence, taking us forward. His best game since his loan spell for me. Helped by a cracking playing surface. Midfield struggled first half. Labs was on his own with little support but still managed to break up play.
Cracking playing surface?, The players should have had Speedos and flippers on.
Chris