Re: Grandstand - Yeovil away

With regard to Warren, I wasn't keeping tabs on Yeovil's team formation, but I can only assume that after our second goal, they either replaced a defender or pushed one further upfield. Looked to me that they were one light at the back and we were able to play through them pretty much at will. It didn't help their cause that they allowed us to regain the ball very easily on the edge of our box time and again, leaving Yeovil with far too many players unable to defend.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:I agree about Sheehan ... very telling that Flynny dragged him away for a private chat whilst the team were acknowledging the support.

The only thing I didn’t enjoy was Warrens last half hour ... his legs have well and truly gone.

Ps if I was MF I’d been having a chat with both Mugabi & d’almedia, I thought both were outstanding again today for Yeovil.
I said the same thing to my father in law on the way home from the game, I hope Flynny pulled both Mugabi & D'Almedia in the players bar after and left with both of their agents contact details.

excessbee wrote:With regard to Warren, I wasn't keeping tabs on Yeovil's team formation, but I can only assume that after our second goal, they either replaced a defender or pushed one further upfield. Looked to me that they were one light at the back and we were able to play through them pretty much at will. It didn't help their cause that they allowed us to regain the ball very easily on the edge of our box time and again, leaving Yeovil with far too many players unable to defend.
Regaining the ball on the edge of our box was down to Sheehan breaking things down and playing us out of defence with a calm , confident manner .
He set up so many attacks from that position yesterday .
Unplayable second half

DT1892 wrote:Saw D'Almeida earlier in the season as well and was really impressed, contract seems to be up in the summer, so hopefully Flynny's looking to have a word.
According to the Yeovil web-site, the club have the option of a one year extension.

Presumably, this would depend on them avoiding relegation.