Just an idea........

We read in the press that County have made quite large sums of money during the past months which IS a big achievement without doubt, so WELL DONE to the team , but that money was unexpected so they would have had to manage without it had they not won it,. I think that it may be a good idea to decide that if or when these occasions happen they ought to have a plan that if any finance arrives unexpectedly it would be a good idea to have upwards of 60% of that finance set aside in a plan for future building schemes- at the moment it just comes as headlines in the press and disappears with little or no improvements to anything.-----if they had funds set aside at least they could see the benefit of those awards.
Come on the Port!!..................Bob Bassett.. .

Re: Just an idea........

I hear you and after our meeting I could change my % on needs, but not beliefs.

I appreciate the size of our gates and we should be budgeting accordingly. 'The club needs a sustainable financial model – not relying on player sales and cup runs'.

If our basic turnover is £2m then our running costs should be lower. If that means our playing costs are as 50% of income then so be it.

Papski wrote:It's a great idea to me but i'd push it to 90%+.

I'd also say we should be engaged on how to spend the money. Do the elections produce a policy for times like these?
Thank you"Papski" for your support comment, I was thinking along that percentage (90%) myself but I still think that it IS a good idea, and added to comments I made sometime ago, regarding getting backing or cooperation from the City of Newport Councilors and business people aimed working towards a home ground FIT for this City,s football club. (see Cardiff and Swansea stadiums)
I read that the Wales woman's football team, now consider Rodney Parade as their home ground too !!
Bob Bassett

I'd say after 10 years it would be £3m.

County's loss of £351,456 was for the financial year ending June 2017. It compared with a profit of £339,522 for the previous year.

"During the year 2016-17 season the club experienced poor performances both on and off the field," said the club.

But this season’s run to the fourth round of the FA Cup, which saw the Exiles earn a replay against Premier League Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley, means the board anticipates that the "club will make a profit for the coming financial period.”

Papski wrote:I'd say after 10 years it would be £3m.

County's loss of £351,456 was for the financial year ending June 2017. It compared with a profit of £339,522 for the previous year.

"During the year 2016-17 season the club experienced poor performances both on and off the field," said the club.

But this season’s run to the fourth round of the FA Cup, which saw the Exiles earn a replay against Premier League Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley, means the board anticipates that the "club will make a profit for the coming financial period.”
Accounts for 17-18 season should be available soon? but will they be made public? I've noted that some EFL have recently published theirs, but others have chosen not to?

That's a lovely tip.

Honest question. Why is the report filed under Newport Association Football Club Limited on Companies House different than the one filed as Newport County AFC Supporters Society Limited on the Trust site?

Edit: Are we just given a dummy copy of the accounts? Wrexham, Wimbledon and Exeter all have the full versions on their Trust sites? Again, honest question.

County are always most likely to be affected to the vagaries of form because they have no assets other than the playing and managerial staff. If you take the loss made in 2017 (£350,000) and divide it by the number of home games played (as this is all you can budget for) then it works out at around 760 people paying an average of £20.

This season County average 3235 for home games, 760 off that total is 2475. County's average home attendance for 2016-17 was 2861, but this will have elevated by higher attendances (particularly 7326 v Notts Co) during the "Great Escape" run.

When you factor in paying off Feeney (and team) and Westley (and team) and writing off players brought in and released by each managerial team then the loss doesn't look quite as bad as first seen.

Papski wrote:That's a lovely tip.

Honest question. Why is the report filed under Newport Association Football Club Limited on Companies House different than the one filed as Newport County AFC Supporters Society Limited on the Trust site?

Edit: Are we just given a dummy copy of the accounts? Wrexham, Wimbledon and Exeter all have the full versions on their Trust sites? Again, honest question.
Hi Papski
Newport Association Football Club Limited and Newport County AFC Supporters Society Limited are different legal entities. The Club and The Trust. The Trust owns the majority of the shares in the Club but not all of them. As such they need separate accounts.

As for the details within the accounts I don't know the details of Exeter etc. I have noticed that the accounts we publish are a bit more details than some other clubs. Maybe worth you downloading last year's and comparing to others?

wattsville_boy wrote:County are always most likely to be affected to the vagaries of form because they have no assets other than the playing and managerial staff.
I most definitely hear that.

You make good points there. Do clubs budget for sacking a manager? 39 managers sacked so far this season so nearly 50%. I would consider making room in the budget for a 50/50 outcome.

Amberexile wrote:Newport Association Football Club Limited and Newport County AFC Supporters Society Limited are different legal entities. The Club and The Trust. The Trust owns the majority of the shares in the Club but not all of them. As such they need separate accounts.

As for the details within the accounts I don't know the details of Exeter etc. I have noticed that the accounts we publish are a bit more details than some other clubs. Maybe worth you downloading last year's and comparing to others?
Howdy.

So when we do have an AGM, we will only ever discuss the financial details of The Trust entity and not of the Club entity? As per https://www.ncafctrust.org/media/downlo ... inutes.pdf

I brought up Wrexham, Exeter, as they seem to publish the Club financials on their Trust sites and discuss the full financial details and we are only publishing the Trust entity financials.