Re: Podge

Prognosis for elbow dislocations, if that was what it was, can vary enormously, often helped by the speed of re-location. Noticed that Navidi(rugby) has recently required an operation to correct his elbow dislocation and will be out of action for several months. Realise of course that this joint is likely to receive far more stress in Rugby, but even so the risk of playing with a recent dislocation must carry considerable risk even for an association footballer. Hope medical advice will be given the utmost priority?

Having said all that. I've now just read on bbc sport website that he is to be assessed for a shoulder injury? but the variance of prognosis will be similar to that of the elbow.

Re: Podge

County Exile wrote:Fractured elbow according to the Argus report.
Saw the Argus report, apparently resulting from a fall whereby you put your arm down to save yourself and the compressive force can cause a small fracture within the joint . Now that is something I can personally relate to.having had a similar incident many years ago. I didn't even believe it was a fracture initially, and despite some discomfort for 2 to 3 weeks it was fine afterwards. Hopefully this will be a similar case.