Re: GRANDSTAND: Tranmere

Ref was absolutely shocking. Very quick to show yellow cards and then fails to produce second yellows for equal or worse infringements.

Just about summed him up at end of first half. We have a free kick but just as Day is about to take it he makes him move the ball a few yards to one side. Then blows for half time as soon as the kick was taken - what was the point of making him move the ball??

pembsexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:This really is dire.
You would have thought that both teams would be up for it given the play offs looming.

We were definitely up for it Mike. The players put in a hell of a shift but it just wasn’t a great game, not helped by a whistle happy, shower of shite ref.

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:This really is dire.
You would have thought that both teams would be up for it given the play offs looming.

We were definitely up for it Mike. The players put in a hell of a shift but it just wasn’t a great game, not helped by a whistle happy, shower of shite ref.
Yeh, from reading most of the comments on here, it seems the ref helped to ruin the game. We could have done with the extra two points. Ah well, there is always Swindon Tuesday.

The prettiest ref I think I have possibly seen, it does take a lot to irritate both sets of players and supporters equally.

I think there were 4 or 5 subs yet only 4 minutes injury time despite him taking an age to summon and lecture each player after every minor infringement. The worst this season without doubt