Re: Points needed.

Yeah I think you may be right with 73 pts, an improvement of 10.6% above and beyond what we might normally have expected to reach, based on our form so far.
I do feel the number of games left is not enough to quite reach the points needed.
Still, we're still in the League, and we're on our way to fully re-establishing the name of Newport County as a League club, which as I always say, will take 15 years..... 6 down, 9 to go!

I said when Forbes was released,it appears MF isn't too bothered about making the playoffs.He has always said our squad is too small.Then Franks has to retire but then he still lets Forbes and now Neufville go.Will he then say,the squad was too small to see it through.He is now chancing it without a keeper,what if Day gets injured,more points lost.I did say the other week that MF is more interested in finishing higher than last years eleventh and beating the 65 points,our highest total.He then says that in this weeks Gus.I 'd like to think we want to win every game but,do we?.

Percy plunkett wrote:I said when Forbes was released,it appears MF isn't too bothered about making the playoffs.He has always said our squad is too small.Then Franks has to retire but then he still lets Forbes and now Neufville go.Will he then say,the squad was too small to see it through.He is now chancing it without a keeper,what if Day gets injured,more points lost.I did say the other week that MF is more interested in finishing higher than last years eleventh and beating the 65 points,our highest total.He then says that in this weeks Gus.I 'd like to think we want to win every game but,do we?.
Want to win and truly expect to win are two different things of course, but agree with your point about letting defenders go. Couple of injuries to the current back 4 and we will certainly be struggling to put out recognised defenders.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:In my view 73 points are needed to make the play offs. Which means for us five wins, one draw and one defeat from our remaining seven games.

It's possible but unlikely.
56 (current points total) + 16 (5 wins and a draw) = 72 points.

To achieve 73 points County need 5 wins and 2 draws which is possible but less likely... :)

I don't think MF and his staff would ever prepare a side not to win. With the players we've released and Franks there is adequate cover in the positions because we now have practically a fully fit squad. Poole has settled in at right back and we have Pipe, Bennett and Willmott who can play there, at left back Demetriou, Bennett and yet again Willmott-still can't believe the criticism he gets and Poole can move into the middle as can Bennett, bloody hell Bennett's popping up everywhere. Of course they want the playoffs. For me the last 3 games have been great because they were 3 totally different performances tactically. Massive game Tuesday, win lose or draw to be in the hunt with 7 games to go on top of the magical memories we've had this season proves how far we've come and makes it all the more unbelievable the criticism Flynn and co were receiving about a month back, it's easy to support people when things are going well.