Re: Board Minutes - 14/03/19

I'm pretty sure they've said publicly that they're aware of the lease situation and its importance and obviously to own our stadium is a dream we all want.

I am also a 80's fan as are a lot of the board so I'd be amazed if we haven't got round the table with the relevant parties, to think we haven't I would say is naive so I think its fair to say we can rule out the incompetence option. You go with devious I'll stick with cautious.

supporter wrote:I'm pretty sure they've said publicly that they're aware of the lease situation and its importance and obviously to own our stadium is a dream we all want.

I am also a 80's fan as are a lot of the board so I'd be amazed if we haven't got round the table with the relevant parties, to think we haven't I would say is naive so I think its fair to say we can rule out the incompetence option. You go with devious I'll stick with cautious.
You may be right.

But we are a fans owned club. Being a director of the club is a privilege and should be seen as such. If these conversations are taking place they should be able to be spoken of at board meetings and minuted.

The same is true of discussion of hybrid ownership. We know that directors in the past have resigned complaining that an inner cabal make decisions, and that the rest of the board and fans are kept in the dark.

You can be sure of one thing. Whenever I ask these questions there is an immediate response of someone coming on this board attacking me. Ironside is conversant with matters of three years ago. Oddly he joined in February 2019.

If the board spent more time concentrating on the job and less time worrying about their image, it would be for the better.

Well there hasn't been anyone stepping down for a while so that would indicate either lessons have been learnt or everyones on board with what's going on.

Not sure if anyone has attacked you Stan but I certainly haven't, I've offered a different view but no attack so I assume you're referring to someone else.

Mr Figo it could also mean a strategy is in place, most strategy meetings I've been to have contained the word strategy what do you suggest calling it possibly a Stadium non strategy session to discuss the strategy that we haven't got session?

These are the only mentions I can find of RP or WRU from the last 4 sets of redacted minutes. I may be missing a set as I'm sure I read a comment that future meetings with WRU would also be minuted.

September
2. WRU UPDATE
2.1 PM provided an update of the dialogue with the WRU
2.2 Dragons MD has been on leave and some matters were waiting for his return to work for clarification/resolution
2.3 Dialogue continues over staging costs.

November
2. WRU UPDATE
2.1 The latest operations meeting took place on the 8th November
2.2 Discussions took pace around insurance and stewarding costs.

January

2.7. Potential Rodney Parade pitch/ground maintenance charges were included. Potential income from the Middlesbrough FA Cup 4th round tie had not been included.

March
2.9. There was a discussion about future stadium arrangements and Rodney Parade. SJ to organise a stadium strategy session.

supporter wrote:Well there hasn't been anyone stepping down for a while so that would indicate either lessons have been learnt or everyones on board with what's going on.

Not sure if anyone has attacked you Stan but I certainly haven't, I've offered a different view but no attack so I assume you're referring to someone else.

Mr Figo it could also mean a strategy is in place, most strategy meetings I've been to have contained the word strategy what do you suggest calling it possibly a Stadium non strategy session to discuss the strategy that we haven't got session?
I wasn't suggesting for one moment you had attacked me. And to be clear whilst I disagree with your analysis, your views are as valid as mine.

supporter wrote:Well there hasn't been anyone stepping down for a while so that would indicate either lessons have been learnt or everyones on board with what's going on.

Your response highlights that we, as supporters, do not know whether there is a strategy in place or if there is, why is it now minuted in the meeting which is part of the problem with communication from the BOD.

Mr Figo I agree it isn't directly referenced but does anyone honestly believe it hasn't been discussed. Think about this, it's something ALL fans know is vital to the future of the club, be that our own stadium or securing a new favourable lease yet the BOD haven't picked up on it.

I won't learn anything from seeing a minute point saying for example"stadium discussion" because that's all the detail we will have until something significant happens. My experience has always been that if you start giving small meaningless updates without any real substance you just fuel inaccurate speculation which is more often than not more harmful than helpful.

I get what you are saying - and you are right - the stadium issue is bigger than Brexit for County supporters.

I always thought that David Hando's comments of "Mission Accomplished" was ironic - the Mission is absolutely ongoing. Taking nothing away from those who brought the Club back, but the Club's achievements stand on foundations of sand until the issue of the stadium is resolved.

Mr Figo wrote:I get what you are saying - and you are right - the stadium issue is bigger than Brexit for County supporters.

I always thought that David Hando's comments of "Mission Accomplished" was ironic - the Mission is absolutely ongoing. Taking nothing away from those who brought the Club back, but the Club's achievements stand on foundations of sand until the issue of the stadium is resolved.
Agree entirely.

I understand why many supporters would prefer not to see this. But sooner or later we will pay a very heavy price for not dealing with this problem.

I accept entirely that it is a difficult problem. I certainly don't know how to solve it. What I do know is that we have to work together. And unless or until the club engage with the supporters rather than just saying that they will, more and more supporters will feel disenfranchised and will disengage.

Quite seriously I would rather County be in the National League with a fit for purpose stadium than in League Two but in limbo with respect to where we play and what stake we have in our home.

I agree with that Mr Figo. For those of us who were around for the collapse it's something people will never understand unless they've experienced it. A lot more died than a football club, a way of life died with it and 2.5 generations of County fans were lost.

This club is such an important part of many peoples life's. You are of course right as well when you say Brexit doesn't come close in importance to County fans and the mission as you say will always be ongoing.