Was that our hard core fan base

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Was that our hard core fan base

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 10th, 2019, 9:21 am

Round about 2600 with TV games I think that could be our genuine fan base with exception of people in work holidays etc
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Re: Was that our hard core fan base

Postby Justanordinaryfan » April 10th, 2019, 11:07 am

Imo exactly why we are not a Lge1 club - attendances would rise at first - tv revenue goes up to a degree - but so does player wages - I’m wondering how much our out of contract “heroes” now want to renew their contracts ??

If results didn’t go out way first couple of weeks/months we’d be back to 2500 attendances at best, on a much ncreased wage budget .... imo it would be a recipe for disaster in our current profile (not that it’s gonna happen anytime soon).

Out of the bottom 11 Lge 1 clubs, 9 have recently been promoted from Lge 2 but are imo bigger clubs than us.
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » April 10th, 2019, 1:30 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself!

To be fair, I thought last night's turnout could have been a hell of a lot worse. Midweek rearranged game, just after another home game a few days previously (which hadn't been scintillating) on a cold night, at full prices, between two sides in mid-table obscurity, when the pubs are showing Premiershi* games. Frankly, getting 2,500 through the gates in that scenario isn't bad!
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » April 10th, 2019, 1:51 pm

You seem to be advocating a price reduction. For last night's match, the shall I/shan't I fans would have stayed away anyhow, because watching their main football interest on TV with a six pack of lager will always be preferable.
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » April 10th, 2019, 2:17 pm

No, I wasn't particularly advocating that - just identifying cost as one of several factors. People's financial wherewithal to attend two home games in the space of a week, just before the Easter holidays as well, will naturally be limited. And that includes semi-regulars like me!
User

newgroundrodney

Postby newgroundrodney » April 10th, 2019, 7:46 pm

The number of County fans was just over 13% down on the average...on or around normal for a night game.
Like I said before, Swindon are not the attraction people think they are.
no avatar
User

BertieB

Postby BertieB » April 12th, 2019, 7:36 pm

If Newport County learn how to treat genuine supporters right they may get more, not just the fair weather experts