Grandstand - Cambridge Away

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Re: Grandstand - Cambridge Away

Postby Ugo. » April 13th, 2019, 9:44 pm

faerun exile wrote:Bury are a car crash with players on strike - will be there for the taking on Friday.

Colchester probably thought that today
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » April 13th, 2019, 9:49 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
excessbee wrote:With four matches to go before that game is played, that's a bit of a far-fetched conspiracy theory.

Agreed. But it is just possible. Hopefully not.

Or Forest Green have made the play-offs already and Exeter need to win to make them and FGR rest players ready for the play-offs.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » April 13th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Ugo. wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
excessbee wrote:With four matches to go before that game is played, that's a bit of a far-fetched conspiracy theory.

Agreed. But it is just possible. Hopefully not.

Or Forest Green have made the play-offs already and Exeter need to win to make them and FGR rest players ready for the play-offs.

Haven't thought of that. All sorts of scenario's could come into play yet I guess. Only time will tell!
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Postby faerun exile » April 13th, 2019, 10:36 pm

Ugo. wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Bury are a car crash with players on strike - will be there for the taking on Friday.

Colchester probably thought that today

I doubt it. They are in free fall. Lost 5 of their last 6 scoring 1 goal in the process.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 14th, 2019, 12:19 am

Very solid today. Wilmott excellent as was Day, Podge and Poole. First goal exceptionally well worked. Perhaps we were guilty of a little too much long ball and if I were being hyper critical we sat too deep on occasions. However a good performance, hard working and win thoroughly deserved.

Playoffs are still unlikely but we have a chance. Every game from now on is huge, my view is that four wins might be enough, five will be.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » April 14th, 2019, 6:12 pm

FGR's next two games are interesting - they go to Tranmere who've won their last 6 home games but FGR themselves have picked up 9 points in their last 4 away games. Then FGR host Cambridge who are third best team on away form (7 points from 4 games) and FGR's home game (4 points from last 4 games) isn't terrific...
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » April 14th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Extended highlights on I-Follow supposedly of the Cambridge match are actually of the Stoke v Rotherham match??.
Previous