Re: Crofts

If fit I think Crofts could be massive in the run in.
By all accounts he's very good around the club but more importantly from what he's written he understands the club and it's culture. I spoke to him once just before the Man City game and he was gutted not to be playing, very down to earth and loves the club which are great qualities to have. If the deals right then why not.

I'm sure he was gutted to miss the Man City game. Wonder if he felt the same about the other 30? matches he's missed. Having managed 45 minutes on Tuesday, I won't be at all surprised to see him unfit for tomorrow. I agree he looks very assured when he's on the pitch, but we'd need five similar in the squad to cover a whole season.

Glad you posted that Excessbee because I didn't make myself clear. He wasn't gutted to be missing the Man City game he was gutted to not be playing full stop so that answers your 30 games question. I for one hope he proves the doubters wrong.

No reason to doubt his integrity or wish to play, but sometimes you have to accept what your body is telling you. Apparently this has been for two seasons on the trot now. Like the boxer who has had one fight too many, he is often the last to recognise it is time to retire. Far to risky to be offered a contract extension IMO.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:No reason to doubt his integrity or wish to play, but sometimes you have to accept what your body is telling you. Apparently this has been for two seasons on the trot now. Like the boxer who has had one fight too many, he is often the last to recognise it is time to retire. Far to risky to be offered a contract extension IMO.
Yes sometimes the decision has to be taken for you. Like most men , I still can’t resist a football and would probably sign up with a club even in my 70’s if it wasn’t for sage advice from my “manager” :grin: Seriously though , most of us know when we’ve lost “ that yard “ and it’s time to pack it in, for pro footballers who haven’t amassed a nest egg it’s obviously complicated by the need to earn a salary tbh I feel sorry for them if they haven’t “ done their badges “ or arranged an alternative job. Not our responsibility though, ours is to the club.

I'd love to play for the County with a 12 month contract !
Trouble is , I'm 47 , with 2 dodgy knees and a slipped disc in my back !!!

Good luck to the guy , but with a budget like ours I can't see how we can afford a player who's "good around the club but doesn't play" ?

That's what we pay Spytty the Dog to do !!!