2 x 20 goals a season

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

ComeOnCounty

Trinant

2 x 20 goals a season

Postby ComeOnCounty » April 14th, 2019, 9:52 am

With Matt currently on 18 and only needing 2 more between now and the end of the season, would I be right in saying it would be the 1st time since the 2006/07 season and only the 2nd time since reforming that we could have 2 players hitting the net 20 times. Shows that we have a great strike-force this season.
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Usually in the milton

Re: 2 x 20 goals a season

Postby llanwern exile » April 14th, 2019, 11:52 am

That's great! all we need now is a couple of 10/12 goals a season midfielders to help them out.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » April 14th, 2019, 5:59 pm

llanwern exile wrote:That's great! all we need now is a couple of 10/12 goals a season midfielders to help them out.

+1
User

rdh2210

Postby rdh2210 » April 15th, 2019, 9:58 am

ComeOnCounty wrote:With Matt currently on 18 and only needing 2 more between now and the end of the season, would I be right in saying it would be the 1st time since the 2006/07 season and only the 2nd time since reforming that we could have 2 players hitting the net 20 times. Shows that we have a great strike-force this season.

As well as Jason Bowen scoring 20 and Craig Hughes 26, we also had 11 for Julian Alsop and 8 for Charlie Griffin.
There was also a certain Dean Holdsworth and Nathan Blake who chipped in with a few goals that season as well!
User

The NCFC Hippy

Postby The NCFC Hippy » April 15th, 2019, 1:04 pm

The league figures are:

Podge: 14 league goals - 7 assits - a goal every 228 minutes. (9th highest league two goalscorer)

Mat: 12 goals and 2 assits - a goal every 237 minutes (16th highest league two goalscorer)

still impressive but would be lovely to see one of them get to 20 in the league or even very near it, Podge has a chance.
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » April 16th, 2019, 12:27 pm

What chance do we think we have of holding onto Podge next year? I'd fully expect a Div 2 / Div 3 side to come in for him over the summer. He could easily step up one league, and the fact he's now on the fringes of the national squad as well must have drawn attention to his abilities.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » April 16th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Kairdiff Exile wrote:What chance do we think we have of holding onto Podge next year? I'd fully expect a Div 2 / Div 3 side to come in for him over the summer. He could easily step up one league, and the fact he's now on the fringes of the national squad as well must have drawn attention to his abilities.

I'd be surprised if he's still here. Hopefully we can offer him a bit more cash to extend his contract.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » April 16th, 2019, 2:22 pm

rncfc wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:What chance do we think we have of holding onto Podge next year? I'd fully expect a Div 2 / Div 3 side to come in for him over the summer. He could easily step up one league, and the fact he's now on the fringes of the national squad as well must have drawn attention to his abilities.

I'd be surprised if he's still here. Hopefully we can offer him a bit more cash to extend his contract.

Didn't we do that less than 6 months ago?
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » April 16th, 2019, 2:24 pm

Amberexile wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Didn't we do that less than 6 months ago?

User

Skate Exile

Portsmouth

Postby Skate Exile » April 17th, 2019, 10:21 am

The best partnership we have had since Reid and Foley. Great to watch this season.
User

somertonpark

Postby somertonpark » April 22nd, 2019, 4:17 am

Maybe if our strikers passed across the box to each other rather than shoot they'd score more often and we not have a -3 goal difference