Re: Grandstand - Macclesfield Away

My mistake, I thought that Lincoln needed to win to be champions today but obviously the results went as such that they only needed a draw.

This changes my opinion slightly in that I think we've got a great chance of beating them Saturday. Exeter have Oldham, who are in good form at the moment, so I can't see that being an easy game.

If we can get 6 points against Lincoln and Oldham then we will be in such a good position to go into the last game at Morcambe.

That won't be an easy game by no means but it's about time we put them away.

I can see the crowd Saturday being the biggest of the season league wise.

Ironsider wrote:My mistake, I thought that Lincoln needed to win to be champions today but obviously the results went as such that they only needed a draw.

This changes my opinion slightly in that I think we've got a great chance of beating them Saturday. Exeter have Oldham, who are in good form at the moment, so I can't see that being an easy game.

If we can get 6 points against Lincoln and Oldham then we will be in such a good position to go into the last game at Morcambe.

We are in a better position than we were this morning. Simply because there are, for us, only three games we have to win not four.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:My mistake, I thought that Lincoln needed to win to be champions today but obviously the results went as such that they only needed a draw.

We are in a better position than we were this morning. Simply because there are, for us, only three games we have to win not four.
A more optimistic view which is of course factually correct, however I still feel like we missed a big opportunity today.

It is what it is though, we need to win all our games and if we do that we'll be in the play off's - which I think we'll win if we get there.

Not all pessimism on my part, more pragmatism.

Time to start doing some forward planning I think. I know the play off final will be the weekend of the late May Bank holidays but does anyone know when the two semi finals are? I am asking with the assumption that if we get there we will be 7th, not any other position. Could be Bury or MK Dons and I fancy our chances against either of those two over two legs.

What does Mr Hando think? Is it in our hands, I just can't finger it out. Some might say give it a wrist for a while. I think we should knuckle down and give it all in the remaining matches.On the other hand you've got to hand it to those who think it is in our hands.Hands up if you agree or I'll palm it off to someone else to discuss :mrgreen:

mad norm wrote:What does Mr Hando think? Is it in our hands, I just can't finger it out. Some might say give it a wrist for a while. I think we should knuckle down and give it all in the remaining matches.On the other hand you've got to hand it to those who think it is in our hands.Hands up if you agree or I'll palm it off to someone else to discuss :mrgreen:
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Blackandamber wrote:
mad norm wrote:What does Mr Hando think? Is it in our hands, I just can't finger it out. Some might say give it a wrist for a while. I think we should knuckle down and give it all in the remaining matches.On the other hand you've got to hand it to those who think it is in our hands.Hands up if you agree or I'll palm it off to someone else to discuss :mrgreen:
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Some people get rebuked for talking about football.....