Breaking convention. Bad fans.

Watching the Portsmouth v Coventry game, losing 1-0 at half time some fans boo'd Portsmouth off. At this stage of the season I have noticed that there seems to be an unwritten convention that if there was anything riding on the game booing was out no matter how poor the performance.

Just another reason to dislike Portsmouth I suppose.

Re: Breaking convention. Bad fans.

Its free to boo ,,,doubtless sooner or later it'll be deemed offensive by some p.c.nutter! with a small brain.
watched Woking on Friday and they were booed off at half time.....not one effort on goal and as bad an half of football as I have ever seen. Nothing wrong with venting your displeasure,,,,far better than verbal abuse ... :bounce:

mad norm wrote:Its free to boo ,,,doubtless sooner or later it'll be deemed offensive by some p.c.nutter! with a small brain.
watched Woking on Friday and they were booed off at half time.....not one effort on goal and as bad an half of football as I have ever seen. Nothing wrong with venting your displeasure,,,,far better than verbal abuse ... :bounce:
People are perfectly entitled to boo as much as they wish. For myself I have never booed a County team. Whether it works as per amberexiles point I very much doubt.

My point being that when something rides on a game nerves often take over. If County were looking for promotion to the Championship I don't think there would be too many catcalls if we were one down at halftime.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
mad norm wrote:Its free to boo ,,,doubtless sooner or later it'll be deemed offensive by some p.c.nutter! with a small brain.
People are perfectly entitled to boo as much as they wish. For myself I have never booed a County team. Whether it works as per amberexiles point I very much doubt.

My point being that when something rides on a game nerves often take over. If County were looking for promotion to the Championship I don't think there would be too many catcalls if we were one down at halftime.

Agree with you again. I’d never boo my own team.

Typical of spoilt brat fans in this country, sit in silence for 45 minutes then boo the team off for drawing the first half. At least we haven't reached that level, don't remember us booing after the 0-6 against Yeovil, angriest I've seen our fans at our team was at Telford when we had two sent off.

Apologies for going slightly off topic - but the shite I had to endure today !!! The stuff I heard our supporters say to and about our players was unbelievable- not just one but rows of it and I know for a fact most of them hardly kicked a ball in their lives!
I think the pressure is getting to our fans more than the players. Complete shit rubbish comments.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Watching the Portsmouth v Coventry game, losing 1-0 at half time some fans boo'd Portsmouth off. At this stage of the season I have noticed that there seems to be an unwritten convention that if there was anything riding on the game booing was out no matter how poor the performance.

Just another reason to dislike Portsmouth I suppose.
Best fans in the world apparently... according to them. I may be a tad biased in not agreeing with that. :lol:

I remember that Telford game and boy did they deserve a booing that day absolute dreadful performance Jekyll and Hyde County . Better teams are more consistent and we still have some big blips last one yeovil forest green at xmas/new year one year etc . We have a settled consistent squad for the 3 game run in. I expect good performances for these 3 games whether they win or lose they have to start from a consistent base then hopefully excel and push us to the play offs