Re: Pipe retiring.

Just read this and I am shocked, I thought Pipey would at some stage manage Newport if and when Flynny left. Spoke to David after the Macclesfield match he didn't mention his retirement. He is a definite legend and his presence and commitment will be missed by fans and players. I wish him all the very best.

Many good memories over his time with the club. I wonder which manager he thought the best to play under? He's plenty to choose from!! Hope he gets some minutes during the last two home games to give him a massive round of applause. My only regret is that he hasn't scored in a competitive game, yet. Now if we get awarded a penalty......!!
I wonder if he wants to come out for a few beers after the Morecambe game!!! Oh forgot, we'll need to prepare for the play-offs!!

I wish David well, but I do hope he doesn't close the door on football totally. I think he has lots to offer the game.
I remember when Flynny was meant to have given it up to concentrate on business interests.....glad he came back.
Like many, I assumed David was being groomed to take on a higher profile role on a matchday. It always appeared that way.