Whose hands is it in?

Good Evening!

I’m a little bit perplexed!

The general consensus was that it was in our own hands....

Then I see this on Oldhams forum!

It's in our hands now, and if we bounced into the play offs with maximum points I think we could be a fave to go on and win the thing.

What’s going on?

Phil in Npton

Re: Whose hands is it in?

And this chap is really overdoing the thinking!

I've done it a few times. I think we really need to win on Saturday, if we can manage that and Newport don't beat Lincoln then a draw at Newport would be enough to leave it in our own hands on the last day providing none of the other three win both their games. That seems a likely outcome.

It could be possible if we win at Exeter and Newport that we could head into Northampton game with only one team that could catch us and a point would be enough from that game.

A draw at Exeter would keep us very much in the mix but we'd have the pressure of winning at Newport and even then an Exeter win at FG would pip us.

Saturday is clearly the big one, win that and we've a great chance, draw that and we're still in the mix, lose it and it's officially over.

phil_in_npton wrote:And this chap is really overdoing the thinking!

I've done it a few times. I think we really need to win on Saturday, if we can manage that and Newport don't beat Lincoln then a draw at Newport would be enough to leave it in our own hands on the last day providing none of the other three win both their games. That seems a likely outcome.

It could be possible if we win at Exeter and Newport that we could head into Northampton game with only one team that could catch us and a point would be enough from that game.

A draw at Exeter would keep us very much in the mix but we'd have the pressure of winning at Newport and even then an Exeter win at FG would pip us.

Saturday is clearly the big one, win that and we've a great chance, draw that and we're still in the mix, lose it and it's officially over.
Have you been sniffing glue again , Phil ?? :shock:

Good Morning!

After leaving Oldhams’ forum, I turned to Exeter for their take on it... and guess what!

At present it is still in our hands but anything but a win at Stevenage is likely to mean that if we are to make the playoffs we will need the likes of Carlisle, Newport, Colchester and Swindon, Newport in particular with having a game in hand, to drop points. Lose to Stevenage and they will leap frog over us into the playoffs and if other results go against us we could find ourselves finishing the Easter as low as 10th place and needing to win our last two remaining games to have any chance of finishing in the playoffs.

It was in their hands... and now it’s not!

And....up in Carlisle, prior to Monday....

Forest Green v Cambridge 2
Lincoln v Tranmere 1
Macc v Newport 1
Oldham v Mansfield 2
Stevenage v Exeter X
Swindon v Crewe 2

Best possible results today - we need to win all ours - Exeter & Newport need to drop points and its in our hands.

In their hands... but only if....

This hands thing is getting to be a football cliche of the highest order, and getting totally out of... err.......control!

Phil in Npton

Coxy wrote:Basically it's equally in our and Oldham's hands as if either of us win all our remaining games then the play offs will be reached. Both have an important fixture....COUNTY v OLDHAM
Accept Oldham won't get into the playoffs if Exeter win their final two games.

County are the team who have the final playoff place 'in their hands'. However as we have three games left we also have the hardest task. My view remains that we have about a 25% chance of making the playoffs. It is also my view that seven points from our next three fixtures will be enough. County are certainly capable of winning all three but likewise if we lost the lot it wouldn't make headlines.