Re: Could 4 points be enough

Exile 1976 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:So as it stands we are in payoffs with a win but if Exeter lose we can get there anyway is that correct

No, we still more than likely need a point as there are 3 teams that can overtake us on goal difference
Actually the answer is yes that is correct, we were in with a win, but if Exeter lose we CAN get there anyway. It wouldn't have happened with yesterday's results, but at the time it was still possible for us to come 7th even with a defeat.

Either way, woo, playoffs.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Odd how memory plays tricks. You are quite right Charlton was taken off in response to Germany's first goal. Although it was still 2-1 when the decidedly robust Hunter replaced Peters. However the point remains 2-0 leads are fragile.If they can be lost over 20 minutes they can certainly be lost over 90.

However it is entirely academic. We will never know what would have happened if those substitutions had not taken place.
Indeed, but thank goodness they did as life would have been insufferable had England won two WCs in a row. :grin:

I always get worried when we replace a striker with a midfielder to hold onto a lead, especially as it rarely seems to work for us either.
Or a 3-0 lead it seems!!!!!

Or a 3-0 lead it seems. Indeed.

Barcelona are one of the greatest teams in the world. What the Scousers did tonight was just staggering. Klopp is right, there are more important things in the world than football. However, only football can do this to you.

This could be one of the greatest weeks ahead for my football obsession. County winning the play off semi, getting to Wembley and winning. Fingers crossed. The reds win either (or both) Champions league and Premier league. What a season. It is times like this that I don't give a fig about the performance. The result is everything.