Re: Zebrosky

This post from Twitter about sums it up:-
Salford City - the heartwarming story of four promotions in five seasons with little more than a striker on £4,000 a week and the unlimited backing of a Singaporean billionaire and six bored multi-millionaires.

County Exile wrote:This post from Twitter about sums it up:-
Salford City - the heartwarming story of four promotions in five seasons with little more than a striker on £4,000 a week and the unlimited backing of a Singaporean billionaire and six bored multi-millionaires.
Spot on Rob. What external money can do eh? Fair do's on Giggs, he is a Salford boy but the Singaporean billionaire - bollo***s to him and his team.

That said, where is the Newpôrt millionaire when we need him? We will need shedfulls of money just to keep up.

Don't want to rabbit on too much but the money effect is one thing that pi***s me off with the modern game. The team that I think I have most respect for (don't like them though) is Celtic 1967. Won the European cup with all players born within 25 miles of Glasgow City centre. A proper local team.

pembsexile wrote:
County Exile wrote:This post from Twitter about sums it up:-
Spot on Rob. What external money can do eh? Fair do's on Giggs, he is a Salford boy but the Singaporean billionaire - bollo***s to him and his team.

That said, where is the Newpôrt millionaire when we need him? We will need shedfulls of money just to keep up.

Don't want to rabbit on too much but the money effect is one thing that pi***s me off with the modern game. The team that I think I have most respect for (don't like them though) is Celtic 1967. Won the European cup with all players born within 25 miles of Glasgow City centre. A proper local team.
Would certainly agree with the last paragraph. And all left footers too.

The limited amount of publicity that goes around at our level is now likely to be dominated (and possibly increased) by the love-in with the class of ‘92 (Salford themselves are pretty much incidental). Could the extra interest generated be good for football at our level?

Salford are already pretty unpopular but at least they’ve earned their place in the EFL rather than stealing away with another community’s club.

Don't want to rabbit on too much but the money effect is one thing that pi***s me off with the modern game. The team that I think I have most respect for (don't like them though) is Celtic 1967. Won the European cup with all players born within 25 miles of Glasgow City centre. A proper local team.[/quote]

Would certainly agree with the last paragraph. And all left footers too.[/quote]

They weren't all left footers but they were a proper team, the in joke was that you could only tell who were RCs on a Friday when they ate fish.

It was another Glasgow club that only signed players from certain religious backgrounds.

Melling's equaliser wrote:Don't want to rabbit on too much but the money effect is one thing that pi***s me off with the modern game. The team that I think I have most respect for (don't like them though) is Celtic 1967. Won the European cup with all players born within 25 miles of Glasgow City centre. A proper local team.
Would certainly agree with the last paragraph. And all left footers too.[/quote]

They weren't all left footers but they were a proper team, the in joke was that you could only tell who were RCs on a Friday when they ate fish. H

It was another Glasgow club that only signed players from certain religious backgrounds.[/quote]

Little known fact. Celtic have never had an all Catholic policy. No Celtic team has ever taken the field with an all Catholic XI. Further Jock Stein was ostracized by some of his 'friends' as he was a Protestant and they didn't like him managing Celtic.

Religion like politics has no place in football. I want County to win this evening and even if Mansfield's team was made up of far left Catholics, I'd still want County to win.