Bolton

Going into administration then will they take points off them next season because they are already down so it's not really a punishment

And the game v brentford has been awarded to brentford glad it was a dead rubber surely they can't make a precedent like that what if a club was involved in promotion or relegation issues

Re: Bolton

Exile 1976 wrote:Yes, they’ll likely start League 1 with -12pts. That’s if they’re not punished with further points deductions for failing to play their game v Brentford

I can't believe they awarded the game to brentford that really has started a precedent imagine last Saturday morecambe coming out and saying we can't fulfil the fixture the fa award us the game the other clubs would be up in arms

What score did they award?... If they award say "a 3-0 win to the innocent team"...and they make it known from the start of the season, and make it applicable to all future seasons, that "in the event of a missed fixture, the innocent team shall be awarded a 3-0 victory" fair enough. But if they are going to set a precedent with no ongoing ruling, it's a recipe for chaos. So it needs to be clear from the off, so all clubs are aware going forward.
So not having read the details myself, do you know whether a score was awarded to the game?

newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Brentford awarded 1-0 victory
That's good. I hope that'll be the same if this issue arises again. It would be fairer if all clubs know from the off what the penalty would be.

Sorry mate there could be carnage luckily this time it was a dead rubber

UPTHEPORT wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Brentford awarded 1-0 victory
That's good. I hope that'll be the same if this issue arises again. It would be fairer if all clubs know from the off what the penalty would be.

If clubs know the situation from the off, it's fair to all. Not ideal, but fair.

Surely the decision for the game not having to be played was only made in the knowledge that neither of Bolton's final two games were against opposition involved in either promotion or relegation. In fact I'd give credit to the Bolton players who, quite likely, only refused to play once they were aware that was the case.

Alan G Bryant wrote:How can this happen when they have their own stadium
It is not that having a stadium ensures success, it is that long term not having a stadium ensures failure.

I have explained this to you before, perhaps if you spent more time thinking things through rather than being a smart @rse your contributions might be more insightful. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:How can this happen when they have their own stadium
It is not that having a stadium ensures success, it is that long term not having a stadium ensures failure.

I have explained this to you before, perhaps if you spent more time thinking things through rather than being a smart @rse your contributions might be more insightful. :grin:

Thank you for you advice , I shall look forward to watching the demise of Manchester City as they continue to lease the Etihad off Manchester City Council.

newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

If clubs know the situation from the off, it's fair to all. Not ideal, but fair.

If it’s only a 1-0 defeat then that’s Not fair at all. I hope they get a points deduction too.
Otherwise, If a team could be relegated by losing 2,3 nil then they could just forego the game, take a 1-0 defeat.