Re: Cheating Mansfield

Goddard & woods wrote:
Staggo wrote:Funny how perceptions can be so different in football. Now, we all know Danny Rose likes to go down easy, but we honestly don't see ourselves as that kind of team. We moan about teams like Wycombe, who have come to Field Mill and employed 'the dark arts', but I remember talking to one of their fans about it and he couldn't see why teams said that about them.

From our perspective, we thought Newport were extremely dirty and looked to rough up our players and prevent the game from flowing, which would have suited our style of play. With your pitch (which looked better, but was still very bobbly) this tactic is responsible for a reputation that I expect you probably don't feel is justified either. Just saying, perceptions and bias are funny things.
Both the potential red card and the penalty I have seen go either way for and against us to be fair to the ref ( and he was extremely poor ) he does not have multiple angle slow motion replays so both could have gone either way depends on his position and viewpoint. Anyway nice to see an opposition supporter come on here and try to give a balanced view without resorting to insults and name calling, don't get me wrong we have our own share of bellends who follow us but some of your fans including what looked like a 60+ year old were calling our supporters out for some after match fun and games when we scored. Already got my ticket for the 2nd leg and looking forward to a decent game with hopefully no trouble from either set of fans whatever the outcome.
Agree entirely.

Some decisions are simply very close calls and can go either way.

Have a safe trip to Mansfield.

The vast majority of fans who were present at the game last night all felt the same way - Mansfield were disgusting.

I like how Rose has been singled out for having had a rough time considering he nearly broke Regan Poole's leg with a late, cynical and obviously deliberate challenge when he was no where near getting the ball.

That should have been a straight red for starters. Then we have the lummox at the back who took Podge out in the box in plain sight and got away with it.

As for the small portion of home support on here that thought we were just as bad, I guess you'll always have the odd one two who like to go against the grain to satisfy their own cantankerous appetites - probably just the one, as ever, in this case.

Goddard & woods wrote:
Staggo wrote:Funny how perceptions can be so different in football. Now, we all know Danny Rose likes to go down easy, but we honestly don't see ourselves as that kind of team. We moan about teams like Wycombe, who have come to Field Mill and employed 'the dark arts', but I remember talking to one of their fans about it and he couldn't see why teams said that about them.

From our perspective, we thought Newport were extremely dirty and looked to rough up our players and prevent the game from flowing, which would have suited our style of play. With your pitch (which looked better, but was still very bobbly) this tactic is responsible for a reputation that I expect you probably don't feel is justified either. Just saying, perceptions and bias are funny things.
Both the potential red card and the penalty I have seen go either way for and against us to be fair to the ref ( and he was extremely poor ) he does not have multiple angle slow motion replays so both could have gone either way depends on his position and viewpoint. Anyway nice to see an opposition supporter come on here and try to give a balanced view without resorting to insults and name calling, don't get me wrong we have our own share of bellends who follow us but some of your fans including what looked like a 60+ year old were calling our supporters out for some after match fun and games when we scored. Already got my ticket for the 2nd leg and looking forward to a decent game with hopefully no trouble from either set of fans whatever the outcome.
I think both our fan-bases have reputations for bellendery. Back in the Conference days they had a bit of a thing for each other, with suggestion s that Forest and Cardiff had infiltrated the firms, so hopefully it doesn't resurface on Sunday. Peaceful fans will most definitely be welcomed for a beer and chat with us though. Hope your trip up is enjoyable but that you all drive home in silence, wondering what could have been :wink:

Watchdogs wrote:If you speak to fans of other teams that watched the game, they suggest Newport were the more ‘naughty’ team.

Just a bit of perspective.
That would be because Mansfield's fouls were off the ball before the cameras got there, and everyone gets fooled by dives.

First half of the second leg showed what happens when one of the worst culprits wasn't there. Fewer dives, more fouls against County players given and more chances for County.