Re: Cheating Mansfield

Both sides know how to win League Two matches; probably best to leave it there. I think Mansfield's players were a bit more niggly than ours last night, and makes me think we need to get the ball down on the floor a bit more because if it's in the air their gargantuan donkeys at the back will eat it for breakfast.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I thought we also matched Mansfield's cheating last night, but in a more subtle way (pushes in the back, going in forcefully for headers with arms flying everywhere), while Mansfield's tactic seemed restricted to tactical bluffs to stop us counter-attack ING and to quieten the home crowd, which worked in the first half.

Take away the players they've borrowed from Forest this year and they are just a mid-table fourth tier side.
2 of those 3 Forest loanees can't get in the team. Walker has been fantastic, but Grant and Smith are just not good enough. We have 2 better keeper's than Smith and I would be less wasteful and more hard-working than Jorge Grant.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I thought we also matched Mansfield's cheating last night, but in a more subtle way (pushes in the back, going in forcefully for headers with arms flying everywhere), while Mansfield's tactic seemed restricted to tactical bluffs to stop us counter-attack ING and to quieten the home crowd, which worked in the first half.
Just a word to the wise. If you carry on calling things as you see them you'll be a bigger hate figure on here than me or Corkie combined.

And don't think being right will save you. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Just a word to the wise. If you carry on calling things as you see them you'll be a bigger hate figure on here than me or Corkie combined.

Water. Duck's. Back.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Water. Duck's. Back.
Who's Duck? And where did he go?

Ironsider wrote:Mansfield don't deserve to go up playing the way they did.

Horrible side and the penalty was indeed karma for their constant cheating.

I'll love it if we turn them over up there - just to hear Flitcrofts whinging and their cocky supporters melt down as to how their pit village Galactico's got done over by 'hoof merchants'.

It's written in the stars.
- Rose manhandled in the box in the 3rd minute.
- Rose dragged down by his neck and a drop ball given.
- Mellis barged over in the box when Walker was through in goal and Mellis was favourite to get to it.
- the yellow that was a red
- the pen that wasn't a pen
- nudges and elbows unnoticed all game

The ref was awful, but you got all the decisions last night. How your fans could ironically cheer when you got a free kick in the first half was beyond me. Karma would have been you Logan saving the pen and the rebound.

Staggo wrote:

I'll love it if we turn them over up there - just to hear Flitcrofts whinging and their cocky supporters melt down as to how their pit village Galactico's got done over by 'hoof merchants'.

- Mellis barged over in the box when Walker was through in goal and Mellis was favourite to get to it.

The ref was awful, but you got all the decisions last night. How your fans could ironically cheer when you got a free kick in the first half was beyond me. Karma would have been you Logan saving the pen and the rebound.
Don't disagree with any of your bullet points except our penalty. Clearly it was a pen as it was given, the assistant confirmed it as did Sky cameras. I would have expected a YC for Logan to make it a perfect decision.

All set up for Sunday now when I expect to see a close game settled by 1 goal or even (dare I say it) penalties. Hope you had a safe trip back last night, see you Sunday.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Staggo wrote:

Don't disagree with any of your bullet points except our penalty. Clearly it was a pen as it was given, the assistant confirmed it as did Sky cameras. I would have expected a YC for Logan to make it a perfect decision.

All set up for Sunday now when I expect to see a close game settled by 1 goal or even (dare I say it) penalties. Hope you had a safe trip back last night, see you Sunday.
Thank you. We stayed over and got back today.

On the pen, if the criteria for whether a refereeing decision is correct or not is based on his awarding it or not, you're saying that the ref is only capable of making the right call every time. Doesn't make much sense to me. Of course he gave it, but if you can't see Logan getting the ball before the man on every different replay of it, I don't suppose my words are going to convince you.

Set up very nicely indeed for Sunday and it will go to whomever desires it the most. We've had good form over the season at home, but lost to much worse teams than Newport there in recent months. We're not thinking it's a done deal by any means, as some have suggested.

Staggo wrote:Funny how perceptions can be so different in football. Now, we all know Danny Rose likes to go down easy, but we honestly don't see ourselves as that kind of team. We moan about teams like Wycombe, who have come to Field Mill and employed 'the dark arts', but I remember talking to one of their fans about it and he couldn't see why teams said that about them.

From our perspective, we thought Newport were extremely dirty and looked to rough up our players and prevent the game from flowing, which would have suited our style of play. With your pitch (which looked better, but was still very bobbly) this tactic is responsible for a reputation that I expect you probably don't feel is justified either. Just saying, perceptions and bias are funny things.
Both the potential red card and the penalty I have seen go either way for and against us to be fair to the ref ( and he was extremely poor ) he does not have multiple angle slow motion replays so both could have gone either way depends on his position and viewpoint. Anyway nice to see an opposition supporter come on here and try to give a balanced view without resorting to insults and name calling, don't get me wrong we have our own share of bellends who follow us but some of your fans including what looked like a 60+ year old were calling our supporters out for some after match fun and games when we scored. Already got my ticket for the 2nd leg and looking forward to a decent game with hopefully no trouble from either set of fans whatever the outcome.