Re: What would your team be for the 2nd leg?

I’d like us to bring in Labadie and possibly even Crofts too. I think we need to be much tougher in the midfield. Also wouldn’t mind if we went 3-5-2 so that we have a bit more width and some more attacking options. We didn’t get down the flanks much at all on Thursday and I’d like us to do more than hopeful long balls hoping for something to happen from the second ball.

The midfield certainly were found out against Mansfield. Dolan and Bennett were off the pace and outsmarted and outwitted. Labadie and Crofts do add a physicality and calm, calculated approach. What Labadie adds is a fear factor to the opposition they know he has an edge to him and he can intimidate players. Crofts has a wealth of experience which will help under pressure and help calm tricky situations.
The defence picks itself so does the strike force although adding 3 upfront with Azeez could be an option.
Possibly playing Mckirdy instead of Willmott on the right flank who has pace and is direct.

I'd add both Labs and Crofts to the midfield, to the expense of Dolan and Shehan, with no disrespect to either, and whilst I'd prefer a back three, with five in the middle,would prefer Bennett in front of the defence with Butler and Poole as wing backs, and Amond/Matt strikeforce! I love the effort of both Wilmott and Azeez, but feel this would give us a starting line up competent of doing the job on the night!
Whoever Flynny decides on.....
COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT.......

mike wilks wrote:I'd add both Labs and Crofts to the midfield, to the expense of Dolan and Shehan, with no disrespect to either, and whilst I'd prefer a back three, with five in the middle,would prefer Bennett in front of the defence with Butler and Poole as wing backs, and Amond/Matt strikeforce! I love the effort of both Wilmott and Azeez, but feel this would give us a starting line up competent of doing the job on the night!
Whoever Flynny decides on.....
COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT.......
Croft starting in mid-field?

How long do you think he'd last?