Blacklist Issues

If you have encountered issues in posting recently with an error message stating that an IP address has been blacklisted; please private message me with details of said message. Have had a few reports but more info would aid getting to the root cause / potential bug.

Many thanks,
Jack.

Re: Blacklist Issues

Strange situation this. The poster who contacted me to say he had been 'blacklisted' and could I help as he thought I was an administrator (wrong) has since posted on this board. Very odd.

Anyone know if IP addresses themselves can be blacklisted? It's above my understanding.

pembsexile wrote:Strange situation this. The poster who contacted me to say he had been 'blacklisted' and could I help as he thought I was an administrator (wrong) has since posted on this board. Very odd.

Anyone know if IP addresses themselves can be blacklisted? It's above my understanding.
That was me Pembsexile. Apologies. I tried to post 3 or 4 times, but kept getting a blacklisted message up. I then left it about week or so & posted Thursday night & had no problem. Very strange.

Dogger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Strange situation this. The poster who contacted me to say he had been 'blacklisted' and could I help as he thought I was an administrator (wrong) has since posted on this board. Very odd.

That was me Pembsexile. Apologies. I tried to post 3 or 4 times, but kept getting a blacklisted message up. I then left it about week or so & posted Thursday night & had no problem. Very strange.
No probs dogger. I am quite glad that you brought it up. It is just very strange. There have been a few posters recently saying they have had problems. I am confused and concerned and I know Jack admin finds it strange as well, that is why he wants more info' on this.

Last year if you remember, the site went down for a few days. I don't remember what the problem was but this time I get the feeling that it is deliberate. North Korean hackers maybe!!!!! (Joke). I get 99% of my info' about the County from this board and it would seriously p**s me off if the board went down for any length of time. I would urge anyone who has info to contact Jack asap.

Edit - dogger, is there any chance you could contact Jack admin please and give him a screenshot of the message you received or even an explanation. Ta.