Re: ARE WE DIV 3 MATERIAL?

If - and it’s still a big if - we went up from Div 4 to Div 3, I’d fear for us. Partly because of crowds, infrastructure, squad size, finance and all the other reasons stated above. But mostly because if we went up to Div 3, it’s almost certain that a bigger club (either from Div 3 or possibly Div 2) would come in and poach Flynny. And without him, I think we’d start a course that would see us go back down not just to Div 4 but possibly to the Conference.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:If - and it’s still a big if - we went up from Div 4 to Div 3, I’d fear for us. Partly because of crowds, infrastructure, squad size, finance and all the other reasons stated above. But mostly because if we went up to Div 3, it’s almost certain that a bigger club (either from Div 3 or possibly Div 2) would come in and poach Flynny. And without him, I think we’d start a course that would see us go back down not just to Div 4 but possibly to the Conference.
I can understand some of the concerns surrounding Flynn, however I remain uncertain as to how much of our success may have been influenced by Lennie Lawrence. Whilst seemingly content to sit quietly in the shadows, could his undoubted experience have been a major contribution that lies behind many of our achievements?
Along with Hatswell we have an impressive management trio with complimentary skills, and long may it continue.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:If - and it’s still a big if - we went up from Div 4 to Div 3, I’d fear for us. Partly because of crowds, infrastructure, squad size, finance and all the other reasons stated above. But mostly because if we went up to Div 3, it’s almost certain that a bigger club (either from Div 3 or possibly Div 2) would come in and poach Flynny. And without him, I think we’d start a course that would see us go back down not just to Div 4 but possibly to the Conference.
Don't buy a house, it might burn down. Don't have a romance, you might get dumped. Don't take that well paid job, you might get sacked. Don't go on holiday, the 'plane might crash.

In fact don't get born, it's bound to end with you dying. :grin:

Re: ARE WE DIV 1 MATERIAL

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Iesu Mawr, if Stan’s telling me to lighten up then I really must be gloomy! :lol:

For the avoidance of doubt, I sincerely hope we do go up, and I sincerely hope that we make a success of life in Div 3. I’ll be supporting us all the way to do so!
I do understand your point KE but we need to be positive. Just a month or so ago I posted that I was relieved that we had accrued enough points at that stage to avoid relegation. Look at us now. Sometimes (well a lot of times actually) it is very frustrating and confusing being a County fan.

We need to enjoy the good times when they come which are not very often at the County. Today is one of them.

On Thursday I didnt feel good about the game beforehand at all. Couldn't put my finger on why, but that just how I felt before and during the game. Today feels very different. I am confident that we can do this. Cmon the County.