SITTING IN A STAND

Good Morning!

We are all looking forward to the match on Sunday, the majority I suspect have already purchased their tickets and many will buy on the day.
The North stand, where away fans are situated is all seated. Each ticket has a seat number allocated to it.
As always in this situation a segment of our fans will choose to stand throughout the match. They seem to do this with no respect or consideration for those sat behind them. There is no will from the stewards to enforce the no standing rule, and I honestly don’t even see how that could be managed without causing major disruption and furore all around.
In the past at Mansfield it has been just a case of sit anywhere despite seat numbered tickets, but this has always been a case of 3-400 fans and ample space to re-locate.
How many fans will we take? My guess is around 1,000 and if so, in a capacity stand of 1800 (?) should be room to move seat if necessary.
The Mansfield ticket office were non committal when I raised this with them. Their answer was if we sell the majority of our allocation we have to sit as per ticket. I asked if they would enforce the no standing regulation and they replied “that’s up to the stewards” ...... yeah right! Like that’s ever going to happen!
I am sure I am worrying unnecessarily but it is a personal bug bear of mine and comes with the all seater situation.

I must add what a great experience it was at Morecambe, a choice of sitting or standing and everyone happy, a nice stadium and friendly folk.

Phil in Npton

Re: SITTING IN A STAND

I prefer to stand at a match whenever I can. Due to this I move to the back of the accommodation and make sure there is nobody seated behind me.

When I bought my tickets yesterday, I asked if I could buy seats at the back of the stand for this reason and was told that we had been instructed to sell the tickets in order so I now have tickets in row D.

This gives me the opposite issue to Phil if seat numbers are enforced.

I'll happily swap my 2 tickets with anyone who would prefer to be in row D,

Sorry Phil but if you go away, expect to stand. It happens at every ground up and down the country. No one will be sitting in their designated seat & it will be a case of a pick a spot. Again, this happens at every away game wherever you go. Unfortunately mates will want to stand with their mates and will all have bought tickets at various times. It might suit your family to buy together and sit in your designated seat but not everyone has that luxury. It's a fact of life when you go away with football you will probably be stood up.

The more tickets we sell, the less likely the stewards will be insisting on people sitting down. It just becomes an impossible task. It's entirely the 'fault' of those standing up, but it's just the way it is. I'd rather remain seated but accept I'll probably spend much of the match standing.

I also doubt they will enforce either seat numbers or sitting.
Going on the basis they have said they will not sell tickets on the day if less than 159 are left, presumably to save manning the away ticket portaloo, I doubt they will put on the extra stewards that would be needed to do this.

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning!

We are all looking forward to the match on Sunday, the majority I suspect have already purchased their tickets and many will buy on the day.
The North stand, where away fans are situated is all seated. Each ticket has a seat number allocated to it.
As always in this situation a segment of our fans will choose to stand throughout the match. They seem to do this with no respect or consideration for those sat behind them. There is no will from the stewards to enforce the no standing rule, and I honestly don’t even see how that could be managed without causing major disruption and furore all around.
In the past at Mansfield it has been just a case of sit anywhere despite seat numbered tickets, but this has always been a case of 3-400 fans and ample space to re-locate.
How many fans will we take? My guess is around 1,000 and if so, in a capacity stand of 1800 (?) should be room to move seat if necessary.
The Mansfield ticket office were non committal when I raised this with them. Their answer was if we sell the majority of our allocation we have to sit as per ticket. I asked if they would enforce the no standing regulation and they replied “that’s up to the stewards” ...... yeah right! Like that’s ever going to happen!
I am sure I am worrying unnecessarily but it is a personal bug bear of mine and comes with the all seater situation.

I must add what a great experience it was at Morecambe, a choice of sitting or standing and everyone happy, a nice stadium and friendly folk.

Phil in Npton
Phil, it's a Play-off semi final.

Assume it will be unreserved seating so you'll either have to go with the flow or get there early and sit at the side/front.

Amberexile wrote:I also doubt they will enforce either seat numbers or sitting.
Going on the basis they have said they will not sell tickets on the day if less than 159 are left, presumably to save manning the away ticket portaloo, I doubt they will put on the extra stewards that would be needed to do this.
They've got to man the away ticket portaloo because everyone who buys a ticket over the phone yesterday and today has to collect it there.

Edited: my mistake, pre-,purchased tickets have to be collected from the away end programme booth.

mad norm wrote:Anyone standing in front of you? Just politely tell them to "sit down you selfish f@@king tw@t". Can't see what people are on about :roll:

Good luck with that Norm, especially getting the other few thousand standing in front of them to sit down as well..........