Re: SITTING IN A STAND

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning!

We are all looking forward to the match on Sunday, the majority I suspect have already purchased their tickets and many will buy on the day.
The North stand, where away fans are situated is all seated. Each ticket has a seat number allocated to it.
As always in this situation a segment of our fans will choose to stand throughout the match. They seem to do this with no respect or consideration for those sat behind them. There is no will from the stewards to enforce the no standing rule, and I honestly don’t even see how that could be managed without causing major disruption and furore all around.
In the past at Mansfield it has been just a case of sit anywhere despite seat numbered tickets, but this has always been a case of 3-400 fans and ample space to re-locate.
How many fans will we take? My guess is around 1,000 and if so, in a capacity stand of 1800 (?) should be room to move seat if necessary.
The Mansfield ticket office were non committal when I raised this with them. Their answer was if we sell the majority of our allocation we have to sit as per ticket. I asked if they would enforce the no standing regulation and they replied “that’s up to the stewards” ...... yeah right! Like that’s ever going to happen!
I am sure I am worrying unnecessarily but it is a personal bug bear of mine and comes with the all seater situation.

I must add what a great experience it was at Morecambe, a choice of sitting or standing and everyone happy, a nice stadium and friendly folk.

Phil in Npton
this happened at wembley against spurs fans standing in front of us so we stood but apologised to people behind us who stayed seated,i felt so awkward about it but if i had stayed seated would have not seen anything,im ok to stand if everyone else does

Comeonthecounty wrote:

We are all looking forward to the match on Sunday, the majority I suspect have already purchased their tickets and many will buy on the day.
The North stand, where away fans are situated is all seated. Each ticket has a seat number allocated to it.
As always in this situation a segment of our fans will choose to stand throughout the match. They seem to do this with no respect or consideration for those sat behind them. There is no will from the stewards to enforce the no standing rule, and I honestly don’t even see how that could be managed without causing major disruption and furore all around.
In the past at Mansfield it has been just a case of sit anywhere despite seat numbered tickets, but this has always been a case of 3-400 fans and ample space to re-locate.
How many fans will we take? My guess is around 1,000 and if so, in a capacity stand of 1800 (?) should be room to move seat if necessary.
The Mansfield ticket office were non committal when I raised this with them. Their answer was if we sell the majority of our allocation we have to sit as per ticket. I asked if they would enforce the no standing regulation and they replied “that’s up to the stewards” ...... yeah right! Like that’s ever going to happen!
I am sure I am worrying unnecessarily but it is a personal bug bear of mine and comes with the all seater situation.

I must add what a great experience it was at Morecambe, a choice of sitting or standing and everyone happy, a nice stadium and friendly folk.

Phil in Npton
this happened at wembley against spurs fans standing in front of us so we stood but apologised to people behind us who stayed seated,i felt so awkward about it but if i had stayed seated would have not seen anything,im ok to stand if everyone else does
Yes I felt awkward about it at Wembley too. Some supporters aren't able to stand for long. It's a shame that all grounds aren't like the Hazell with standing in the Terrace and seating in the Stand lol.

Blackandamber wrote:
Comeonthecounty wrote:

Phil in Npton
Yes I felt awkward about it at Wembley too. Some supporters aren't able to stand for long. It's a shame that all grounds aren't like the Hazell with standing in the Terrace and seating in the Stand lol.
Very good point actually

This is always a bit of tricky subject at a neutral / away ground, especially when the ground is more or less sold out as it was yesterday. As someone already pointed out, fans typically self regulate when it comes to standing at away games, which is made easier when a lot of the time we have a few hundred fans in a stand that can hold 1000+.

I’d hope that the same is the case at Wembley, in that we are unlikely to sell out our full allocation and fans can sit / stand wherever they feel comfortable. I personally prefer to stand if I can, but I’m not willing to ruin someone else’s view of the game if they find it difficult to stand up for 45 minutes straight, and there are plenty of people that do find that difficult.

You sitting down isn’t going to ruin anyone’s game, but you standing up could well spoil it for someone else. I’d urge any of our fans to apply a bit of empathy and common sense. Sadly this definitely wasn’t the case at Wembley for the Spurs game...

Wembley are always very strict about sitting in your allocated seat and for the Spurs match that was inevitable as we were given more blocks as and when we sold the ones originally set aside. Can't see the necessity for that this time when our potential share of available seats will probably be twice as many as we will sell.