Have a good trip

Wishing you all a safe journey to the oldest professional football ground in the world tomorrow. I think it will be a close one and obviously I hope we come out of it with a trip to Wembley to look forward to. After the money we've spent and the massive efforts on and off the field in the last couple of seasons to make us a higher division club, it would be massively frustrating if we had to play another season at this level.

Newport have had a cracking season with their cup success and recent form to get into the playoffs, which is no doubt testament to the spirit your squad has. That's what I fear really. On our best day I think we win, but we're far from guaranteed a showing of that sort and Newport will approach it like one of those Cup games.

Whatever happens, I wish you well, either in the final or next season in League 2. Enjoy your visit and try not to get distracted by the livestock as you drive through Derbyshire :wink:

Re: Have a good trip

Staggo wrote:Wishing you all a safe journey to the oldest professional football ground in the world tomorrow. I think it will be a close one and obviously I hope we come out of it with a trip to Wembley to look forward to. After the money we've spent and the massive efforts on and off the field in the last couple of seasons to make us a higher division club, it would be massively frustrating if we had to play another season at this level.

Newport have had a cracking season with their cup success and recent form to get into the playoffs, which is no doubt testament to the spirit your squad has. That's what I fear really. On our best day I think we win, but we're far from guaranteed a showing of that sort and Newport will approach it like one of those Cup games.

Whatever happens, I wish you well, either in the final or next season in League 2. Enjoy your visit and try not to get distracted by the livestock as you drive through Derbyshire :wink:
Thanks i fear the worst but you never know

Maybe Staggo is just like the majority of footy fans passionate about his own club..Good for him for his wishes.
Both teams are in this and may the best team win playing entertaining and quality football
To the amazing following on their way to Mansfield enjoy your day and come home HAPPY
See you at WEMBERLEEEEEE :bounce:

Mr Figo wrote:Any news on that derelict stand that you have at Field Mill Staggo? Will it online for next season?
No, not for next season. The Bishop Street Stand need demolishing and rebuilding, but the club make money from in through advertising and doesn't need it for space. Attendances are growing so that may change soon and I know the owners are keen for a new stand.

Dave John wrote:Hi Staggo, I don't know if you'll have another look at this board today but should we be able to park on the Retail Park at the away end .... or Sainsburys car park since it's a Sunday evening?

Let's hope it's a good game.
No, avoid the retail park. Theyll give you a ticket. Go for the side streets off Nottingham Road or Baums Lane.