Re: Grandstand Mansfield

Percy plunkett wrote:On the bus coming home,my mate Richie said that his special moment was when Regan blocked that shot on the line,Regan's reaction of pleasure was priceless.A woman sat opposite us smiled and nodded in agreement.We later realised she was Regan's mum with his dad sat next to her.That block by him then Benno and someone else in the space of a few seconds showed the team spirit and determination of the team.Possibly the best 0-0 I have ever seen.
The TV cameras captured that Regan moment as well. I have never seen a footballer smile as much as that on the pitch before. He was chuffed to bits. Joe embraced him and at one moment I thought he was going to kiss him!

After all the nervy moments towards the end the penalty shoot-out nearly finished me off! With the form their keeper was in I had a nasty feeling he was going to be our downfall. Added to that the keeper trying to phsyc Podge out following the close call on Thursday, Mickey stepping up to the plate after his early season penalty problems, Dan and Regan taking (I think) their first penalties was just messing with my head! The only one I felt confident about was Matty Dolan's. For some reason I just felt there was no way he was going to miss his. :cheers: :cheers:

County Exile wrote:After all the nervy moments towards the end the penalty shoot-out nearly finished me off! With the form their keeper was in I had a nasty feeling he was going to be our downfall. Added to that the keeper trying to phsyc Podge out following the close call on Thursday, Mickey stepping up to the plate after his early season penalty problems, Dan and Regan taking (I think) their first penalties was just messing with my head! The only one I felt confident about was Matty Dolan's. For some reason I just felt there was no way he was going to miss his. :cheers: :cheers:
The keeper was a big unit. Low and in the corners, he was never going to reach them.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:How many times have Mansfield now used illegal tactics to climb over our players' backs and shoulders to compete for headers? Is this the UK piggy-back play-offs?

Notably none of their players has come close to getting booked as a result. Definite homer is Mr Salisbury.
Not being funny but as well as us stuffing them, we got as many borderline decisions first half as they got at RP in the first leg.

NewportProud wrote:From the Mansfield forum,,,,,,,, Did anyone else hear the racist chant from the Newport fans towards a person in a green top ?

Myself thought it was bang out of order n no room in this world or the sport

Dont matter if its towards players or oppositions fans needs sorting by the correct authorities by a points deduction or a heavy fine,,,,,,,,,, Soon told by his fellow stags that we were not racist that he got it wrong well done them always f$$king one.
I certainly heard the "you fat b'stard" and "who's the b'stard in the green" chants at him. Nothing racist about it at all. Plus the bloke in the green top who thought we were chanting at him wasn't the bloke we were actually chanting at - it was the bloke [EDIT: next to the bloke] who knocked the ball out of Mickey's hands when he was winding up to take a throw (for which he should have been ejected and wasn't). The bloke wasn't black, so there was no misunderstanding or mishearing of the chant, but he was fat. I can't comment on his parentage.
Last edited by SJG99 on May 14th, 2019, 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

excessbee wrote:Obviously a total non-story. If one wants to ask about fining a club, then what about the plank who knocked the ball from Mickey's hands as he was about to take a long throw. Should never have been allowed to stand that close to the players.
It was the same bloke the YFB chants (and "who's the b'stard in the green?") were aimed at - or at least he was the one playing it up after it happened. Amusingly there was another fat bloke in green who thought we were talking to him, but it was the bald-headed guy in the light green unbuttoned shirt, not the bloke with dark hair in the dark green t-shirt.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:I’m not sure it was the guy in the green who actually knocked the ball ... but the guy to his right in black , just the camera panned on him.
Saw Soccer AM shared the clip on Facebook yesterday, you're right - it was a bloke in black who actually knocked the ball, the bloke in green then started doing a weird dance and spoke to Mickey, whilst the bloke in black turned around to play to the fans behind him.