Re: Grandstand Mansfield

Dogger wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Dogger wrote:Nobody seems to have noticed but Azeez lasted less than 30 mins. On as sub for Joss but taken off in ET for McKirdy. Tactical, injured or just plain shit. Couldn’t have been tactical as replaced by McKirdy, didn’t look injured, so that just leaves... ah well decide for yourselves.

Tactical I say as MF wanted Dolan on for the pens....which I believe he had settled for at half time in extra time.

Big up for Poole to have the balls to stand up to take one too
Dolan was straight swap for Sheehan. But you’re right, Regan Poole, absolutely nerveless. He’s gonna be a helluva player.
And Mickey - having given up penalty duties it took some real balls to step up and take one. Even Dennis Bergkamp completely retired from penalties after one big miss but not Mickey D!

From the Mansfield forum,,,,,,,, Did anyone else hear the racist chant from the Newport fans towards a person in a green top ?

Myself thought it was bang out of order n no room in this world or the sport

Dont matter if its towards players or oppositions fans needs sorting by the correct authorities by a points deduction or a heavy fine,,,,,,,,,, Soon told by his fellow stags that we were not racist that he got it wrong well done them always f$$king one.

Good Morning!

I think this forum should be closed down...........................

I can’t get any work done cos I’m suffering from

“myteamisabsoloutlyfantasticitus”

and repetitive stress syndrome, watching Matty’s penalty over and over again..

The doc says I’m delirious and overdosing on happiness, he suggests that I take a break from work and concentrate totally on preparing for Wembley for two weeks.

On another point whoever wrote the report on the club website should be ashamed at this....

“The Exiles have done it after Tyler Walker missed his spot kick and County scored every single one of theirs.”

From where I was STOOD Joe made a great save, it wasn’t missed!

Phil in Npton

excessbee wrote:Obviously a total non-story. If one wants to ask about fining a club, then what about the plank who knocked the ball from Mickey's hands as he was about to take a long throw. Should never have been allowed to stand that close to the players.
Saw that quite clearly on TV. The fan was very pleased with himself, smiling and waving his arms about after the event. How Micky D kept his cool I don’t know.

NewportProud wrote:From the Mansfield forum,,,,,,,, Did anyone else hear the racist chant from the Newport fans towards a person in a green top ?

Myself thought it was bang out of order n no room in this world or the sport

Dont matter if its towards players or oppositions fans needs sorting by the correct authorities by a points deduction or a heavy fine,,,,,,,,,, Soon told by his fellow stags that we were not racist that he got it wrong well done them always f$$king one.
Racism? What the actual ****? "Who's the fatty in the green?" And "you fat *******" is not racism :lol:

Good Morning!

Am I correct in that was the guy who knocked the ball out of Mickey’s hand as he went to take a throw in?

That could have cost us a goal scoring chance in that moment, in my eyes it’s no different to entering the field of play, and he should have been ejected by the stewards.
But he shouldn’t have even been allowed to stand that close to be able to make that contact.

Even afterwards I’m sure there’s enough video evidence to identify him and subsequently ban him.

But in hindsight, we had our bit of fun with him, he thought he was great, waving his arms about and we went home smiling, he didn’t.

That’s enough punishment I think!

Phil in Npton

On the bus coming home,my mate Richie said that his special moment was when Regan blocked that shot on the line,Regan's reaction of pleasure was priceless.A woman sat opposite us smiled and nodded in agreement.We later realised she was Regan's mum with his dad sat next to her.That block by him then Benno and someone else in the space of a few seconds showed the team spirit and determination of the team.Possibly the best 0-0 I have ever seen.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I can't see that incident not being in the referee's report if it was seen on Sky TV. It will then be up to the FA to decide how to sweep it under the carpet.
The Ref didn't see it he was watching the players in the box wonder if the lineo did
Good point UTP, lino must have been watching for foul throw.

Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I can't see that incident not being in the referee's report if it was seen on Sky TV. It will then be up to the FA to decide how to sweep it under the carpet.
The Ref didn't see it he was watching the players in the box wonder if the lineo did
Good point UTP, lino must have been watching for foul throw.

Its happened at RP as well

MD took it well and just smiled