Re: County fan (heart attack)

I was stood next to this fella as Dolan scored. At first I thought he had just collapsed as it was so hot with everyone around at the bottom of the stand, but then he wasn’t responding, went white and his eyes started rolling back. We administered first aid, recovery position and pulse etc..At this point myself and a friend were calling over the police and stewards who took a while to notice us through the crowd, but when they arrived they took complete control of the situation.

Would like to know how the lad got on afterwards, hoping for the best of outcomes. It really put everything into perspective on the long drive home, after I heard they had done CPR on him, my heart dropped. Hopefully some positive news comes out soon!!

Re: County fan

Beechwood Boy wrote:The first aid were doing everything they could. Thought an ambulance was at the main entrance?
The ambulance came up behind the away end, went past the coaches parked near there, they opened the corner gate for it to reverse into the car park behind the side stand that was open, and then reversed it up to the front of the away end. Quite a lot of faffing and delay to get that to happen considering there was no-one in the way. Hope he made it, at least the support was on site.

They then re-locked the gate again to ensure no County fans could get to their cars on that side of the stadium without walking all the way around. :roll:

Comeonthecounty wrote:So glad he still with us it upset me,many thx to the police officer working on him.
Wasn't pleasant to witness , but thank God it looks like he's on the mend !!

Whoever you are , fella .... all the very best and never forget .....
"We're Newport County ... we fight til the end !"
Speedy recovery
UTC

I'm so pleased he is on the mend. It was a strange experience. He jumped up right in front of me like we were going to embrace but just fell to the floor. He was smiling so I thought he was just messing about until I went to pull him back up and he was lifeless. I rolled him on to his side the best I could and left him with other County fans whilst I ran and got a copper who was superb & ran straight to him. I realised it was serious when his mates were saying it was out of character, I thought it was an epileptic fit at first. Walking out to see CPR being carried out, I feared the worst. Thankfully he is on the mend.

I just couldn't celebrate after that. It puts football into perspective. Whilst 1200 fans around him were in elation, one of our fans was fighting for his life. So, so pleased he's pulled through.

The police, medics and supporters were superb in helping him out. Hopefully we get to see him back over the County soon :cheers: