Re: Congratulations

Mansfield have such a strong side so odds-on to win the division outright next season. Strong at the back, McDonald awesome in the middle plus key men up front. If you can hold onto this squad then you'll be bankers odds-on to win the league.

But bigger congrats to Newport who, I have to say, thoroughly deserve this shot at promotion, and let it continue.....

countyareup wrote:I don't think Mansfield really knew how much better we could be, compared to Thursday's game. Both teams had the chances, lots of them, we just kept going. Amazing.
I must admit, I personally didn't expect Newport to match us at home with our crowd and usual home style, but you came right at us and absolutely battered us first half. We came back into at times and had some great chances to score, but you had more over the whole match. We're gutted as I'm sure you know, but I have faith that we'll be strong next season. Carry your fighting spirit onto Wembley and I don't think Tranny or the vegans will match you.

Staggo wrote:Well done. Can't say you didn't deserve it over the two legs. Have fun at Wembley.
Cheers Staggo!

Seen a bit of you this year and I felt you were nailed on for one of the top 3 places. Unfortunately you dropped a few silly points on the run-in otherwise some half-decent form would have seen you home. Hope you manage it next season and fingers crossed we’ll be playing you in League 1 in a few years time!

Staggo wrote:Well done. Can't say you didn't deserve it over the two legs. Have fun at Wembley.
I thought both sides provided an exciting and totally committed performance that amply showed some 0-0 ‘s are not at all boring, the neutrals will have loved it while I suspect you and I were far too nervous to do so. Thanks for your good wishes.