Re: Guess the support

rncfc wrote:It's mental that they can't just play it somewhere sensible.

Ashton Gate if FGR get through, The Hawthorns if Tranmere get through.

Instead we'll have 20,000 or so knocking around in a 90,000 echo chamber.

I love going to Wembley it's an occasion you won't beat sorry mate

UPTHEPORT wrote:

It's a smashing ground, for sure. But even the best ground feels a bit weird if it's only half-full. God only knows what it was like for Salford v Fylde with just 8,000-odd in there. I agree with RNCFC that a smaller neutral ground equidistant between the two competing clubs would be far better.

But hey, I shan't let it (or anything else) bring me down. Already had several people in the office asking me why I'm sat here smiling like a loon!

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

It's a smashing ground, for sure. But even the best ground feels a bit weird if it's only half-full. God only knows what it was like for Salford v Fylde with just 8,000-odd in there. I agree with RNCFC that a smaller neutral ground equidistant between the two competing clubs would be far better.

But hey, I shan't let it (or anything else) bring me down. Already had several people in the office asking me why I'm sat here smiling like a loon!
I don't think deciding on a ground to host a playoff final a week and a half before the game is viable.

Whilst I agree playing it at Wembley is rather strange given the likely attendance (even if Tranmere make it), it's still appropriate for the importance of the occasion, and to be honest I love going there, even if it is my 7th visit since 2012 for a County match, Premier League game, Cup semi-final or Final.

I also went to the first FA Vase game held there when it reopened, Truro v AFC Totton, if you really want to see an empty ground.