Re: It's good to talk

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Triangle wrote:I think drawing against and then beating Middlesbrough (who finished 7th in the Championship), beating Leicester City and being the first team to score against Man City in the competition was quite stunning. Also think 12 game run unbeaten to take us to Wembley is stunning. On the budget we have it has been a stunning season to me. The team surpassed my expectations in terms of our finishing position.

Everyone will have their own subjective opinion on the season. Yours may differ Stan and that is fine.
To be clear, I thought we had, are having, a good season. But let's not be subjective let's be objective.

Newport population 150,000
Lincoln population. 96,000

Conurbation of Newport 306,000
Conurbation of Lincoln. 136,000.

Lincoln average gate over twice that of Newport from a potential fan base area of less than half that of Newport.

If our season has been stunning what adjective would you use to describe Lincoln's?
I agree with you again Stanley, Lincoln have also had a stunning season.
We don't agree, I think Lincoln have had a very good season but hardly stunning. I suppose if a town far smaller than Newport were able to hold their own in the Premier League, a town badly hit by the long years of recession and austerity, that I would call stunning.

You know, like Burnley.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Not sure why the issue of not having a place to train between now and Wembley, but did hear that we are not now able to use spytty as Newport Harriers now have use of the ground? I thought we were also, on occasions, using Dragon Park?
Firstly it's not the biggest issue, I'm sure we'll find a place to train.
Right again. :grin:

To read some of the sycophantic posts of here, you'd think that the second coming had arrived.

Willthiswork wrote:I think that the fact that Newport 'was' predominantly a rugby town throughout the ages has had an impact compared to Lincoln and Burnley etc.
Unlike Swansea, or Cardiff or Wigan or Huddersfield you mean?

Are you and amberexile in for an award for sycophancy? You'd both be worthy winners.

Edit. As would AlanG in fairness. :grin:

Alan G Bryant wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:By this logic Beijing F.C need a stadium capacity of 2,000,000 not 30,000
Wrong again. Beijing FC has a capacity of 66,000, not 30,000.
Thank you for correcting me , did you also google the population ?
No problem at all. No, I didn’t google the Beijing population as well. No need to. The point stands. It is in the many millions (not as big as Shanghai though). Off the top of my head I would say approx 11 million. I’ll google it later.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:I think that the fact that Newport 'was' predominantly a rugby town throughout the ages has had an impact compared to Lincoln and Burnley etc.

Are you and amberexile in for an award for sycophancy? You'd both be worthy winners.

We weren't talking about Swansea,Cardiff, Wigan or Huddersfield tho'.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Looks like you're going to have to add Andrew Penman to your list of sycophants -

"Newport County eye perfect ending to superb season"

"Whatever happens on May 25, everyone connected with the club can be proud of what has been achieved in the league and the cups.

The progress made under Michael Flynn and his staff has been simply sensational."

"With that and O’Brien’s lucky beard on their side, the Exiles could just give this superb season the perfect ending."

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... rb-season/

I've really enjoyed this stunning, sensational, superb season so far. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Looks like you're going to have to add Andrew Penman to your list of sycophants -

"Newport County eye perfect ending to superb season"

"Whatever happens on May 25, everyone connected with the club can be proud of what has been achieved in the league and the cups.

The progress made under Michael Flynn and his staff has been simply sensational."

"With that and O’Brien’s lucky beard on their side, the Exiles could just give this superb season the perfect ending."

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... rb-season/

I've really enjoyed this stunning, sensational, superb season so far. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is all well and good, but the board must forget they are presiding over one of the must successful periods in our history and just admit they have made mistakes.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

We weren't talking about Swansea,Cardiff, Wigan or Huddersfield tho'.
You brought up the subject of competing with rugby clubs.

You really must think things through before you post.