Re: It's good to talk

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
The uniqueness of an area may have had some credence years ago, but with the population much more transient these days I feel that this now has less effect. County’s problem is with their shockingly poor marketing and promotional activities, indeed it is easier to get a response from the Pope than it is to get an email reply from the Commercial Dept.

And a couple of decades of non-league obscurity.....

People ignore the fact that to any one under 25 we have no football league history and are effectively a new football club that started off playing park-football. We must have the oldest average fan age in league football.

That is what makes our ratio of crowd v population different to our peers.

Re: It's good to talk

whoareya wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
The uniqueness of an area may have had some credence years ago, but with the population much more transient these days I feel that this now has less effect. County’s problem is with their shockingly poor marketing and promotional activities, indeed it is easier to get a response from the Pope than it is to get an email reply from the Commercial Dept.

And a couple of decades of non-league obscurity.....

People ignore the fact that to any one under 25 we have no football league history and are effectively a new football club that started off playing park-football. We must have the oldest average fan age in league football.

That is what makes our ratio of crowd v population different to our peers.
We all agree our gates are disappointing.

Look at the two posts above.

One wants to take responsibility and one wants simply to find an excuse. For me it sums up our problem. If and when those who wish to take responsibility can persuade those who wish to make excuses to alter their mindset, we might have a chance of sustainable progress.