Re: FGR v Tranmere

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
worksop amber wrote:Huge decision that Stan
Probably wins the tie for Tranmere
Assuming Tranmere win, we need to be aware of Norwood doing that. It was clever. Cheating but very very clever.

Labadie is the king of it. Wins so many free kicks that way

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
worksop amber wrote:Huge decision that Stan
Probably wins the tie for Tranmere
Assuming Tranmere win, we need to be aware of Norwood doing that. It was clever. Cheating but very very clever.

Labadie is the king of it. Wins so many free kicks that way
Agree with that Exile
Football is almost becoming a non contact sport

Anyone else wanted Forest Green to be county’s opponents at Wembley? I know it’s already decided that it is Tranmere, and I’m not saying FGR would be a push over. I just can’t help but think they would have been a slight easier opponent than Tranmere.
Not that County has anything to fear with both Tranmere and FGR of course.

daftasfxxx wrote:Sneaky bugger is Norwood, should had been sent off in the first leg, hope we got good officials in the final
Agreed a good official is always beneficial, but all the more so when dealing with such a player as Norwood. Obviously any player who scores as many league goals in a season as Amond and Matt combined deserves the utmost respect, but clearly he is also adept at going down easily/diving in order to influence the referee. Think our players need to be clever also, and need to get round him and remonstrate their disgust at his first attempt to 'buy' a free kick, thus putting the idea, at least, of his gamesmanship/cheating into the officials mind from the outset. Having said this, I believe we have managed him well enough in our 2 games against Tranmere this season, so why not for a third time.