Training Pitch

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... ing-story/
The Exiles have secured access to train on the Stadium pitch of neighbours Cardiff City FC ahead of our Sky Bet League Two Play-Off Final match against Tranmere Rovers at Wembley next Saturday, 25th May.

Following the news, Manager Michael Flynn said "It shows the class and exactly the kind of football club Cardiff are for choosing to help a fellow Welsh team out when they knew the kind of situation we were in with regards to training leading up to Wembley.

It's an unbelievable gesture from everyone at Cardiff, I'd like to personally thank Neil Warnock, Ken Choo and everyone connected with the Club for making this possible. It shows what is possible when Welsh football comes together."

The Cardiff City Stadium has hosted some of the worlds best this season during Cardiff's campaign in the Premier League. The Welsh national team also play their home matches at the stadium.

The Exiles' usual training facilities are undergoing pre-scheduled close season maintenance in preparation for the new season and other planned events which have contributed to an unusual set of circumstances which has meant we have to look further afield.

But, thanks to Cardiff City's goodwill, County can look forward to making the most of some superb facilities ahead of kick-off at Wembley next Saturday.

Re: Training Pitch

daftasfxxx wrote:No gritted teeth from me,hardly rivals and most of there fans wish us the best, fantastic gesture off them
Agreed mostly, but.....

Hardly rivals? If things go well a week Saturday we will be one division below them next season. They're 12 miles away. Admittedly they have made massive progress in the last 20 years or so in terms of the facilities and infrastructure they have available to them whilst we've not, but when you're 12 miles apart and potentially 1 division apart you definitely are rivals, even if it's not as hate-filled as it used to be.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Excellent solution beneficial to the team. Well done to all involved.
Indeed. A big thank you to Cardiff City. I would especially like to thank Vincent 'Dr Evil' Tan.

Ever your supplicant,

G 'mini me' F. :grin:
Glad you agree with me again Stanley

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Excellent solution beneficial to the team. Well done to all involved.
Indeed. A big thank you to Cardiff City. I would especially like to thank Vincent 'Dr Evil' Tan.

Ever your supplicant,

G 'mini me' F. :grin:
Glad you agree with me again Stanley
I think we need to accept we see the world differently.

My view is that sadly we live in a world where the predominant reaction to making a mistake is CYA. Cover your a........

Because of this, people die needlessly in hospitals. Criminals walk free whilst the innocent sometimes are incarcerated. And football clubs don't achieve their full potential. It is not the individual who is to blame but the culture. Only one industry I know of has a culture of safety and admitting mistakes. Ever wondered why sitting in a metal tube, travelling at 500 mph, full of an explosive substance, where the cold would kill you in seconds, where there is no air to breathe,ever wonder why that is the safest form of transport?

I just would have more confidence in those with charge of our club could acknowledge that they make mistakes.

Amberexile wrote:God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Wise words indeed.
I can't comment on your serenity or courage. For all I know you might be both brave and calm. Reading your posts good manners prevents me from comments on your wisdom. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Wise words indeed.
I can't comment on your serenity or courage. For all I know you might be both brave and calm. Reading your posts good manners prevents me from comments on your wisdom. :grin:

:grin:

Stunning season all the same. I'm lovin' it :grin:

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Wise words indeed.

:grin:

Stunning season all the same. I'm lovin' it :grin:
Whereas I am mildly happy that you have a reasonable sense of humour. :grin: