Re: Flitcroft Sacked

I was told at the game at half time by Mansfield fans that the outcome of the game would depend on whether he would be sacked if the failed, (as I posted Sunday as I was leaving the ground and when someone posted that he looked like he was crying when he was interviewed)

OK maybe he should have got them promoted on the budget he had but to sack a guy who had them in the top 4/5 all season and was one goal/point away from gaining promotion is a tad harsh.
I believe he would have got them up next season because the league will only have three big clubs to compete with.....Salford , Bradford and FGR...I dont think Tranmere will have the same budget as this term and of course we wont be in there with our 'pocket money budget ' to upset them :wink: There wont be a Lincoln , Bury or MKD or a Newport County to compete with for the automatic places.

By the way lets get Logan to challenge Joe , Turner to put the pressure on OB and MD and Walker off Notts Forest for next season in Division 1 :wink:

PerthDave wrote:My guess is that he was told promotion was a must (or else..) and that this has come as no surprise (to him).

rgds Dave
My thoughts exactly.

Whilst I note the lack of sympathy for him after some of his comments and whilst I accept football is a ruthless business. I can't help but feel that if I was under pressure and about to be sacked, if anyone shoved a microphone in my face, I'd be slightly less than gracious.

Perhaps we were responsible at both ends of the season. I'm sure after friendlies against Derby, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham then beating us 3-0 they were very confident. However, they then went on to draw their next four (including Yeovil and Macclesfield).
Somehow, I expect Flitcroft will be blaming Mr Brakespear.