Re: Singing at Wembley

Hazell Stand wrote:Anyone know where all the singing and drumming is going to be? Like those who stand behind the dugouts at home games

Would be great if those wanting to stand and make more noise could be together
If the club don’t designate a “singing block”, then perhaps the Amber Army need to do so instead and advertise it on here. Makes sense for all the noisy folk (and drummers) to congregate together to generate maximum atmosphere.

I’ll enjoy listening from afar with my thermos and Murray mints!

whoareya wrote:How can the club designate a singing block if it has no control over the ticketing process?

This is a Wembley stadium event that the County are playing in, hence the notices about flags and instruments etc.
Clubs in the past have been allowed to suggest in ticketing announcements that block XXX is where vocal fans may wish to book tickets. It’s in both the FA’s and clubs’ interest to ensure that noisy, standing fans are in the same place. As I say, it’s happened before so I can’t see a reason why it couldn’t be done now, either by the club or arbitrarily by the fans.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
whoareya wrote:How can the club designate a singing block if it has no control over the ticketing process?

This is a Wembley stadium event that the County are playing in, hence the notices about flags and instruments etc.
And is singing banned in other blocks :shock:
You'd think some people would like that................I mean, imagine wanting to sing at a play-off final.....

whoareya wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

And is singing banned in other blocks :shock:
You'd think some people would like that................I mean, imagine wanting to sing at a play-off final.....
Init :roll: and don't stand up mind!! FFS

WhoAreYa - I think you’re being deliberately obtuse and looking for a reason to be negative (for reasons best known to yourself). We all want a good atmopshere, and logically that is helped by the hardcore singers being stood together to get things going so the rest of us can join in, just like at home games.

As I said above, that has happened before at Wembley games - see the top of p3 here: https://barnsleyfccommunity.co.uk/asset ... oc_Web.pdf

It doesn’t mean the rest of the place is a library; quite the reverse - it gives the singing some coherence and impetus.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:WhoAreYa - I think you’re being deliberately obtuse and looking for a reason to be negative (for reasons best known to yourself). We all want a good atmopshere, and logically that is helped by the hardcore singers being stood together to get things going so the rest of us can join in, just like at home games.

As I said above, that has happened before at Wembley games - see the top of p3 here: https://barnsleyfccommunity.co.uk/asset ... oc_Web.pdf

It doesn’t mean the rest of the place is a library; quite the reverse - it gives the singing some coherence and impetus.
Coherence and impetus ?

Can we have half-and-half scarves as well?

Yeah, that’s what I’m suggesting. :roll: Honestly, you’re making all manner of incorrect assumptions about me and my views - again, for reasons best known to yourself.

There’s a reason why, at home games, the hardcore singers congregate together in the Hazells Terrace rather than being dispersed around the ground. Replicating that as far as is humanly possible within the confines of the restrictions imposed by Wembley surely makes sense.

Anyway, I’ll leave it there. There’s no reasoning with some people.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on May 15th, 2019, 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Caerleon Exile wrote:Me and my mates are going to aim for the blocks behind the goal & hope that all the miserable old farts that want to moan about standing and drums purchase earlier in the sale & in the north side of the ground :grin:

Otherwise, prepare to be stood up. Ta.
I say bring back National Service, and the Birch. And rationing.

That'll learn 'em - there's no place for spontaneous enjoyment in our society..............