Re: No VAR Saturday

Just wish that the powers that be would leave things well alone, as said previously, leave it to the officials.

I’d even go as far to say that mistakes are part of the chemistry of the game, and we just live to accept them and move on, as we have done for hundreds of years!!

I appreciate that it’s easy for me say, especially when it’s not my livelihood at stake, and I suspect I will be screaming if something goes against us Saturday!!

People's livelihoods aren't at stake though really, are they? How can a Premiership manager, earning millions a year, claim that 1 or 2 incorrect decisions are going to cost him and others their livelihoods? Ah well mate, if you're living on the breadline with a seven figure salary you deserve what's coming to you for being a bonehead.

Even with VAR the decisions are still open to interpretation. It should be used for goal-line calls, corners, maybe offsides if they can ever tidy up the rules (i.e. like they were originally), and that's it.

excessbee wrote:Shouldn't make a scrap of difference on Saturday. Usual League Two rules apply. Goal line technology is (almost) instantaneous and is an excellent addition to the referee's armoury.
Agree on goal line technology being an excellent addition but do wonder whether the referee would have given Tranmere's goal that won them the home leg without it.

Seems strange to me that the football league would turn down technology to help their referee's in such important games.

defeat in these games will lead to people losing their jobs within those football clubs. Imagine losing to an offside goal when the technology was available to stop that.

I watched the game on TV so we had a few replays of the incident

It was a clear penalty

Matt was fouled after he passed the ball but before OBrien touched the ball.. OBrien was standing in an offside position. However he does not become active until he touches the ball. He touched the ball after Matt was fouled

Therefore 2 offenses occurred in a short time period.

Which one do you choose? You choose the first offense ie the foul

Should of been a penalty and VAR would of corrected the referee decision

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want VAR at every opportunity after seeing that today.

VAR is being rolled out permanently in the PL in two months time, but the FL decided it's not for them.

Tranmere didn't beat us today, we lost to incompetence.......

whoareya wrote:I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want VAR at every opportunity after seeing that today.

VAR is being rolled out permanently in the PL in two months time, but the FL decided it's not for them.

I want to celebrate a goal when it happens, not looking at a message on a screen three minutes later. It's no good only calling for VAR only when decisions go against your team, we should've had better refs for all the playoff games.

Marky wrote:
whoareya wrote:I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want VAR at every opportunity after seeing that today.

I want to celebrate a goal when it happens, not looking at a message on a screen three minutes later. It's no good only calling for VAR only when decisions go against your team, we should've had better refs for all the playoff games.
Who said I'm only calling for VAR only when decisions go against my team? If it's made available then of course it will be for both teams. I'd rather wait to celebrate a goal, rather than not celebrate at all.

Like today.