Re: NEW SEASON TICKET PRICES ANNOUNCED

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Being an anorak,I viewed the prices.A over 60 ticket is £74 cheaper in the Bisley or Hazel stand but,there is no saving at all if he/she buys a Hazel Terrace ticket.
Was the same for over 60's last year also. Excepting 100 club, same price wherever you sit or stand.
Choice that is not dependent on cost is real choice. It's not that people are charged extra to stand, it's that they have real choice of whether to sit, and if so, where to sit, or to stand if they wish.
Elements of "one price fits all" are creeping into football more and more, AND IT'S A GOOD THING.....eventually people will realise I was right.
We could easily have a season ticket at £160 for all ages, all areas.... making football pricing fairer. Actually its not the prices that are wrong across football, its the pricing STRUCTURE that is wrong, but gradually I'm seeing more and more that structure being corrected.
Bradford City is one good example.

Willthiswork wrote:Can't find last season's figures but 1355 from the previous season.

Bear in mind that Salford City sold 1300 in their first week of sales.
Salford City have done what I wish County would do, and they have a much simpler pricing structure: taking their entire range into account, whether renewal or first time application, they have an average Season Ticket price of £100.
The fewer pricing bands you have, the lower you can make the ticket. Were they to adopt 'one price fits all' they could probably do it for £85 per person, all ages, all areas, sit or stand, fresh application or renewal.
The prices at County are fine for the structure we currently use, but I would like to see the end of 'Young Adult' in particular.
What you also need to take into account, is how many of those 1300 sold by Salford are in each different pricing band. A stadium half full of kids paying £62 is no good.
I often wonder on any given matchday, what % of County fans at RP are Full Adult, Senior, or some other band...I wonder what the split is.

Easy for Salford to have such cheap tickets when they've got insane (and unsustainable) amounts of money behind them. I genuinely can't wait for the day that their sugar daddies pull the plug and the whole s***show unfolds.

And before anyone brings up Lotto Les, it only takes a cursory look at Salford's finances and reputed wage bill to see that they are of an altogether different order of magnitude. We have demonstrably since shown we can be just about sustainable at Div 4 level.

excessbee wrote:More nonsense with the word average. Can you tell me the price of the best,I realise that is very subjective, seat in the stand for an adult (or concession if their age cut off is 60.
Unlike Wembley for example, they don't appear to have differentiated on the grounds of "best", which to me is another plus point.
The average is not nonsense, it's how you compare like for like across a whole range, like beers in a pub, petrol on a forecourt, house prices in an area, etc.
I'd have to check, so don't quote me, but I think "comparing all price bands across their respective ranges, all purchase methods and any discounts, Season Tickets at Newport County are around 40% more expensive on average than Salford"...

Have a guess which club has most pricing bands?......

excessbee wrote:Your across all price bands 'average' ends up with a price at which nobody can actually purchase. Can you tell me what 'my ticket' would be at Salford? That's the only way I can tell if they offer better value.
We're going to have to agree to disagree. Not knowing Newport at all, but I'm sure someone somewhere can tell you that the average house price in Area A, is £119,995 whereas in area B, it's £179,750..... there are no houses in either area at EXACTLY that price, it's an AVERAGE FOR COMPARATIVE PURPOSES......
I know you understand this completely well...
That's why we'll have to leave it there.

newgroundrodney wrote:
excessbee wrote:Your across all price bands 'average' ends up with a price at which nobody can actually purchase. Can you tell me what 'my ticket' would be at Salford? That's the only way I can tell if they offer better value.
We're going to have to agree to disagree. Not knowing Newport at all, but I'm sure someone somewhere can tell you that the average house price in Area A, is £119,995 whereas in area B, it's £179,750..... there are no houses in either area at EXACTLY that price, it's an AVERAGE FOR COMPARATIVE PURPOSES......
I know you understand this completely well...
That's why we'll have to leave it there.
Looking on Salford's Website, it currently read - Details are all still to be confirmed for the 2019-20 SkyBet League Two season, our first in the EFL!
Are their prices for next season published elsewhere?
https://salfordcityfc.co.uk/tickets/

On the question of average price question, is this how to work out the average price?
Club A charges Adults £45, Over 60's £40, Under 18's £3, Under 12's £2 and Under 6's £0. Average price 90/5 = £18 average
Club B charges Adults £35, Over 60's £30, Under 18's £1. Average price 66/3 = £22 average