Re: NEW SEASON TICKET PRICES ANNOUNCED

newgroundrodney wrote:
LDExile wrote:Didn't see anything about monthly payments/finance is it a possibility this year?
I don't believe there is a finance option this season.
Crazy if true that there’s no finance option especially off the back of the season we’ve just had. Will cost the club quite a bit due to potential new fans not having the option to spread the payment and also those fans who took up the option last year.

newgroundrodney wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Adult terrace ST was £300 last season so a reduction for next season at £294 unless I’ve read it wrong.
....but the £300 was for renewals only. I think the actual price was £350...so not much of an increase. Fine really.
Renewal last season was £250 which has risen to £263 this season which makes sense. Buying a terrace ST for the first time last year was £300, this season it is £294. Seems strange when club has announced a 5% increase. Not complaining as I will buy one anyway.

faerun exile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Adult terrace ST was £300 last season so a reduction for next season at £294 unless I’ve read it wrong.
....but the £300 was for renewals only. I think the actual price was £350...so not much of an increase. Fine really.
Renewal last season was £250 which has risen to £263 this season which makes sense. Buying a terrace ST for the first time last year was £300, this season it is £294. Seems strange when club has announced a 5% increase. Not complaining as I will buy one anyway.
The renewal of my seat last year was £300 + £27 Zebra Fee..... but I believe the renewal discount itself was £50

Don Corleone wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
LDExile wrote:Didn't see anything about monthly payments/finance is it a possibility this year?
I don't believe there is a finance option this season.
Crazy if true that there’s no finance option especially off the back of the season we’ve just had. Will cost the club quite a bit due to potential new fans not having the option to spread the payment and also those fans who took up the option last year.
It was an external company which provided this option, and I'm sure that company went under. So not really crazy that the club dont provide an option.

The idea of season tickets is to provide funds early on to help out in the close season. So I dont understand why some people seem to think the club should provide an option to spread payment for a season ticket.

It was an external company which provided this option, and I'm sure that company went under. So not really crazy that the club dont provide an option.

The idea of season tickets is to provide funds early on to help out in the close season. So I dont understand why some people seem to think the club should provide an option to spread payment for a season ticket.[/quote]

In fairness if I remember correctly they went bust quite a few months ago. Also, I believe it’s pretty standard for all professional football clubs and businesses to offer such an option these.

Not being critical of the club but based on the success of last season it’s the perfect time to secure new season ticket holders but a majority will possibly not be able to take the full hit in one go. Having a flexible payment option would have enabled the club to capture those who want to buy a season ticket but can’t afford it in one go.

I’m going to keep suggesting it, because seemingly it hasn’t occurred to people.

You don’t need a “finance option” from a company making profit off the interest. Get a credit card offering 0% interest for 12 month. Buy season ticket. Pay off full amount in twelve equal monthly payments.

Job done, cheaper than last year’s club option and will take you about 15 minutes of desk work.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on May 31st, 2019, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.