Re: NEW SEASON TICKET PRICES ANNOUNCED

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I’m going to keep suggesting it, because seemingly it hasn’t occurred to people.

You don’t need a “finance option” from a company making profit off the interest. Get a credit card offering 0% interest for 12 month. Buy credit card. Pay off full amount in twelve equal monthly payments.

Job done, cheaper than last year’s club option and will take you about 15 minutes of desk work.
Can you pay for a ST with a credit card?. . There were issues with this a few years ago.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I’m going to keep suggesting it, because seemingly it hasn’t occurred to people.

You don’t need a “finance option” from a company making profit off the interest. Get a credit card offering 0% interest for 12 month. Buy credit card. Pay off full amount in twelve equal monthly payments.

Job done, cheaper than last year’s club option and will take you about 15 minutes of desk work.
I suspect that’s what I will do. Just got a Barclaycard with 27 months interest free. Job done.

Don Corleone wrote:It was an external company which provided this option, and I'm sure that company went under. So not really crazy that the club dont provide an option.

The idea of season tickets is to provide funds early on to help out in the close season. So I dont understand why some people seem to think the club should provide an option to spread payment for a season ticket.
In fairness if I remember correctly they went bust quite a few months ago. Also, I believe it’s pretty standard for all professional football clubs and businesses to offer such an option these.

Not being critical of the club but based on the success of last season it’s the perfect time to secure new season ticket holders but a majority will possibly not be able to take the full hit in one go. Having a flexible payment option would have enabled the club to capture those who want to buy a season ticket but can’t afford it in one go.[/quote]

You miss the point. A flexible payment option puts the club at risk if the person taking up such an option fails to complete the transaction.

And if you dont want to "take a full hit in one go" save up during the season. Even if you saved 150 over a year (roughly £3 a week, which was half the cost of a pint at Wembley) then you will have managed to cover 50% of a season ticket and reduced the hit you would be making.

newgroundrodney wrote:

Can you pay for a ST with a credit card?. . There were issues with this a few years ago.
Dunno but just swap what you would have bought with cash with your 0% card and use cash to buy ST.

We have all these discussions every year. I think for me, once again, consistently now, The Board have come up with Season Ticket prices that remain as low as possible, for as long as possible, with an element of discount, choice & value in terms of the 'free games'..... The standard adult seat for a first time applicant has gone up by a tad over 5%......
All in all, once again I think The Board have done well on pricing.
I'm assuming the 'online discount' will have been already rolled into the price, making it cheaper relatively all round, across all pricing bands.

newgroundrodney wrote:

Yes brought mine last season on my CC

reebok0165 wrote:Some examples of ''full paying adult seating'' season tickets for 2019 / 2020:

FGR £391
Mansfield £350
Leyton Orient £360
Macclesfield £400 (yes £400) and Maccs ain't accepting credit card payments.

Macclesfield need to fund Sol Campbell's unpaid wages from last year.

Orient can be excused due to the cost of living for the London area, to be fair when that's taken into account it would probably be level or slightly cheaper than ours

I think the club should be congratulated for the new pricing structure. Simple and fair to price all seats the same and for all terracing to be slightly cheaper. And if they’ve scrapped the advance discount, well done too as that seemed to be unpopular (although personally I didn’t have an issue with it).

Congrats also because it seems as though they’ve scrapped the requirement for juniors to have to be accompanied by a full-fee paying adult. I’ve said before that this was ridiculous given that 15-year-olds can (and do) go to the cinema without an adult and there was no logical reason why the football should be different. Again, if they’ve taken that on board then well done.

I’ve not had a ST myself since the Conference South days at Spytty, but might buy one for next year and ones for my two boys as well. I’m almost excited at the prospect!

Praise is often in rare commodity on this board, so I hope someone from the BoD sees this!

I agree with comeoncounty about the flexible plan.The other problem is it's unfair on fans who pay full price on the gate.A better option would be to offer a discount after 12 games of say £5,this gives a saving of £55 for the rest of the season.This would encourage fans to keep coming to get the reduction.This of course could only work with the database that Alex said was on the way.As comeoncounty said,save some money in advance,you know you will need a ST so plan ahead.

All categories are quite generous in terms of the number of 'free games':
When comparing the non-renewal first time application ST prices, with the 'On The Day' prices for the same category:

ADULT SEATING..............£368.....6.3 games free
ADULT TERRACE............£294.....8.3 games free
YOUNG ADULT
SEATING..........................£165....12.7 games free
YOUNG ADULT
TERRACE........................£110.....15.1 games free
SENIOR SEATING...........£294.......6.7 games free
SENIOR TERRACE.........£294.......6.7 games free
U-16 (sit or stand)..............£53.....17.7 games free
U-12 (sit or stand)..............£26.....19.7 games free

Some very large numbers of 'free games' for all of the younger age groups, which should please people.

Don Corleone wrote:Does anyone know how it works with the disabled carer tickets. Can you still still choose where you want to sit or are there restrictions?
From the website notice:

Supporters who are registered as disabled with the club, and who require an assistant to attend games with them, should complete two renewal forms. Both forms to be completed in their name, but with ‘Assistant’ written after their name in the second form.

I would contact Colin Faulkner regarding actual accommodation within the stadium itself.