Re: NEW SEASON TICKET PRICES ANNOUNCED

bishbashbosh wrote:Club need praising over these prices. If there were a £50/75 increase there would be uproar on here. People are quick to criticise the club, ignorent when it comes to the good decisions made.
5% increase in prices whilst inflation at 2.1%. Football is too expensive as it is and a real terms increase of 2.9% will do nothing to alleviate that.

Ignorent indeed. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
bishbashbosh wrote:Club need praising over these prices. If there were a £50/75 increase there would be uproar on here. People are quick to criticise the club, ignorent when it comes to the good decisions made.
5% increase in prices whilst inflation at 2.1%. Football is too expensive as it is and a real terms increase of 2.9% will do nothing to alleviate that.

Ignorent indeed. :grin:

Inflation is based on a whole notional 'basket' of stuff used to track retail prices. The contents of that basket change over time. I've never seen any mention of a 4th Div Season Ticket ever being included in the basket, so to some extent, depending on what individuals buy, 'inflation' is effectively, different for different people.
My own ST renewal this season, is the same price as it was 6 yrs ago. My shopping at Aldi for a comparable basket of goods is actually LOWER than it was in times past.
I think the club have done consistently well on keeping the cost of football as low as possible for as long as possible.
An individual's personal circumstances and the affordability of a Season Ticket at NCAFC, is not a matter for the club itself.
Worthy of note, are the comparable first time application prices at some other clubs, for similar seats in the Adult price band:
Cheltenham Town.....£414
Swindon Town...........£400
Walsall.......................£450

Personally, I think in a time when the Club are oft-criticised , one of the things they HAVE got right, is pricing.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on June 3rd, 2019, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

The club has made mistakes in the past but we can't go back in time. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place, we've never had the support the be self-sustaining and we've now got the WRU trying to rinse us for every penny. Ticket sales will do the talking, we'll see in a couple of months time whether they've got the prices right.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Inflation is based on a whole notional 'basket' of stuff used to track retail prices. The contents of that basket change over time. I've never seen any mention of a 4th Div Season Ticket ever being included in the basket, so to some extent, depending on what individuals buy, 'inflation' is effectively, different for different people.
My own ST renewal this season, is the same price as it was 6 yrs ago. My shopping at Aldi for a comparable basket of goods is actually LOWER than it was in times past.
I think the club have done consistently well on keeping the cost of football as low as possible for as long as possible.
An individual's personal circumstances and the affordability of a Season Ticket at NCAFC, is not a matter for the club itself.
Worthy of note, are the comparable first time application prices at some other clubs, for similar seats in the Adult price band:
Cheltenham Town.....£414
Swindon Town...........£400
Walsall.......................£450

Personally, I think in a time when the Club are oft-criticised , one of the things they HAVE got right, is pricing.
That's the great things about statistics, you can use them to prove anything. When you consider the 5% increase is over a 2 year period and if you use RPI rather than CPI, it can be argued that it is still cheaper in real terms.

Lies, damn lies and statistics, still true :lol:

Amberexile wrote: That's the great things about statistics, you can use them to prove anything.

Lies, damn lies and statistics, still true :lol:
Statistics can't be used to prove anything. To say that is lazy. However what is true is that statistics are useful but need to be interpreted with care.

Now the price increase may be justifiable. But for me football is too expensive. A price rise which is over twice the rate of inflation is not in my view likely to encourage people who may be considering buying one.

The lifestyle we live today mean I suspect that many people who buy season tickets don't do it to save money. Very few people with the work and family commitments will see 23 home games in a season.

Amberexile wrote:If football is too expensive for you I suggest that you don't go. I wouldn't want to see you in the poor house :lol:
Thank you for your concern. Luckily football isn't too expensive for me. I have been fortunate in life.

I suppose that's the difference between us. I have a concern for the people who do have financial constraints. You know, those with young families on limited incomes. You say to those people 'don't go', I say let's build a community club where nobody is excluded.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:You never have been very good with humour have you?
It's not that Paul. If you want to give it out, you really should learn to take it with a little more grace. :grin:
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't realise that you saying " let's build a community club where nobody is excluded" was meant as a joke.

Thinking about it, it was obvious really. Very funny of you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: