Champions League and Europa league finals venue

A bit topical this week I know. A lot has been said about the chosen venue for each of these games. I don't think fans can complain too much about tonight's venue, but as for the poor old Chelsea and Arsenal fans in the week, what an absolute shambles that was. There must be a better way. I have a suggestion.

Two years before each competition UEFA contact say 20 stadium venues with the possibility of holding the next seasons final. These stadiums will be geographically dispersed well over Europe. The stadium authorities will be given a fee by UEFA for taking part. At the knock out stage last 16 this is whittled down to 16 based on the locations of the teams still in the competition. When you get to the quarters, it is whittled down to 8 and so on until the final.

The stadium authorities would have plenty of time to plan, there could be an ever increasing cash bundle given to the stadium authorities to those that have been withdrawn. There would be plenty of money to pay for this as UEFA has plenty.

The fans would be happy knowing that wherever the final is played, they could get there. Nobody could claim that it was not fair as the plans would be well documented over a year in advance. Will UEFA buy it, I doubt it as they appear to be open to financial inducements from certain groups. What could happen is that fan and media power force UEFA to take the idea up. I live in hope.

Nothing is ever perfect and the idea would need to be tweaked but this suggestion has got to be better than the shambles experienced by Arsenal and Chelsea fans this week.

Now, I know that the County have no reasonable chance of getting to a Champions league final, but when we get to a Europa cup final wouldn't it be great to know that we won't have too far to travel. Wembley (again) or PSG or even the Bernabeau. Bring it on.

Re: Champions League and Europa league finals venue

Marky wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I don't see what all the fuss is about with Baku. I'm really looking forward to visiting for the Wales match in November. Getting the travel sorted out has been as easy as any other country. It looks a fascinating place to visit, can't wait.
Are you paying £3000 like Chelsea and Arsenal fans?
I could have done but worked out that cheaper flights are available via a number of places, we chose Istanbul. I'm sure some Chelsea and arsenal fans did their research too.