Re: Rumours I've heard

neilcork68 wrote:Demetriou to sign two year contract ........(hope thats true)

Flynn wont be leaving

Collins to sign

Crofts had to be let go so MF can use his wage to get the player he wants
Mickey would be great.
Flynny has been mentioned by those re-signing, and Jorden the new academy boss, as instrumental in their signing, citing his "vision for the club"....if he's brought people in, and then leaves, I'm not sure how he'll look to observers. So I assume he more or less HAS to stay now. Short-medium term at least.
Collins to sign - I hope it's MICHELLE Collins, that'd be awesome! :grin:

Percy plunkett wrote:Two years ago as Joe had signed a new contract,he told me that it was a no brainer.He and his wife were settled in their new house and he wanted continuity.Now,after the season he has had and twins born in Newport since,why would he want change.My feeling is,he will stay.
I've heard we've offered him a big contract but that he's off to oxford, I wish he'd stay but best thing for him and his family would be to get more money and play at a higher level.

LDExile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Two years ago as Joe had signed a new contract,he told me that it was a no brainer.He and his wife were settled in their new house and he wanted continuity.Now,after the season he has had and twins born in Newport since,why would he want change.My feeling is,he will stay.
I've heard we've offered him a big contract but that he's off to oxford, I wish he'd stay but best thing for him and his family would be to get more money and play at a higher level.
If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes. As a matter of courtesy I wish all the best to any player who moves on, other than when he is in competition with County. As a young man his first duty is to his family and if Oxford or anyone else offers him more money he will be off.

However once a player has left he is an ex player. I remember John Aldridge taking a penalty once against Roger Freestone. And I really didn't care. Because whilst I don't wish anybody any ill will, former players don't give me a second thought.

I support the shirt not the player wearing it.

newgroundrodney wrote:Joe Day 'is indeed leaving, but 'won't be going very far geographically' is the rumour I've heard.
90 minutes by car from Newport to Oxford's ground (having done that trip a few times over the years). Make of that what you will. I'd still be very surprised indeed if that was his destination.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Joe Day 'is indeed leaving, but 'won't be going very far geographically' is the rumour I've heard.
90 minutes by car from Newport to Oxford's ground (having done that trip a few times over the years). Make of that what you will. I'd still be very surprised indeed if that was his destination.
.... "closer to home" for both you & I is what I've heard. He won't have to take the kids on a day trip to Legoland.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
.... "closer to home" for both you & I is what I've heard. He won't have to take the kids on a day trip to Legoland.
Cardiff???

Ugo. wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Looks like it may be more than a rumour:

#cardiffcity hashtag on Twitter
https://twitter.com/hashtag/cardiffcity?lang=en
The official Twitter feed of Cardiff City Football Club. ..... #CardiffCity transfer news - buying Joe Day from Newport County, to be announced in the next week or ..
That's from Euan a Bristol City fan?
I don't know. I don't do twitter. I don't know how you navigate it, or who wrote what. But the rumour I heard never came from twitter. It's silly season of course, but this one SEEMS to have a ring of truth.