Re: Rumours I've heard

newgroundrodney wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Looks like it may be more than a rumour:

#cardiffcity hashtag on Twitter
https://twitter.com/hashtag/cardiffcity?lang=en
The official Twitter feed of Cardiff City Football Club. ..... #CardiffCity transfer news - buying Joe Day from Newport County, to be announced in the next week or ..
That's from Euan a Bristol City fan?
I don't know. I don't do twitter. I don't know how you navigate it, or who wrote what. But the rumour I heard never came from twitter. It's silly season of course, but this one SEEMS to have a ring of truth.

Well if you don't know then don't message that its official Cardiff city football club. What is the ring of truth, Day would not dislodge Etheridge, other than money cant see that Cardiff would be a good career move

They already have three keepers under contract too...( Cardiff )

As for the Oxford move . Last season the Oxford player of the season was their goalkeeper Eastwood ( I believe this is true) and they have a good back up in Shearer....
Unless its money I cant see him getting much game time at either of those clubs, if any

neilcork68 wrote:They already have three keepers under contract too...( Cardiff )

As for the Oxford move . Last season the Oxford player of the season was their goalkeeper Eastwood ( I believe this is true) and they have a good back up in Shearer....
Unless its money I cant see him getting much game time at either of those clubs, if any
Etheridge probably their only bright spot last season and already been linked with big money moves back to the premier league. 2nd choice Alex smithies about to sign for Birmingham and Third choice Brian Murphy is out of contract. Therefore they are down to one who they may sell.

If Cardiff are looking at signing Day as their number 1 then I think we could see us playing them the season after next in League 1

As good as he has been for us there is no way is he Championship standard..Great shot stopper but doesn't command his area enough and too slow off his line.

Whilst I'd love Joe and Mickey to both sign up again I must admit if I had to choose I'd probably prefer Mickey. I think goalkeepers are a bit easier to replace. If Mickey, Labadie and Dolan re-signed I'd be happy with having to find new for the rest of the squad.

Collars wrote:Whilst I'd love Joe and Mickey to both sign up again I must admit if I had to choose I'd probably prefer Mickey. I think goalkeepers are a bit easier to replace. If Mickey, Labadie and Dolan re-signed I'd be happy with having to find new for the rest of the squad.
That would do just fine for me. With those three on board we should have sufficient spare in the budget to fill out the starting eleven with some quality signings.

I’ll be very happy if either mickey or joe sign and even better both - but I would be disappointed if Dolan signs, just not up to it , too slow, always goes sidewards or backwards , can’t remember the last assist pass he played in open play and his so call danger from set pieces is a myth apart from the odd corner - surplus to requirements and biggest spot we need to fill is a creative midfielder and one who can actually get us 10 goals a season would be wonderful.